Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun Stuff

Well, hello there! It's been awhile and things have been busy here at the Goff house! We worked on art projects, made some play-doh, did a little "remodeling" project, and celebrated Valentine's Day! Here is a look at our past week or so.

Bennett has gotten really good at feeding himself but he does not heart a high chair- or restraint of any kind. We have found that he does much better if he can sit at his own big boy table and eat like a big boy. Here he is being Mr. Independent. 

Bennett made his own Valentine's this year :) We made pictures for Ju Ju, his Gram, and Grandma. I taped up the canvases and let Bennett loose with paint and only helped him cover the spots he missed. He did great! Here he is hard at work!

His feet even got in on the action.

I have been a pinning-fool on Pinterest and I have been looking for things to do with Bennett in the afternoons. I am a former teacher so I love anything that helps fine-motor skill development, sensory activities, spiritual development, etc. I found a recipe on Pinterest on edible Play-doh. My intentions weren't for him to have it as a snack but just so I wouldn't panic should he eat some. I let him help with the whole process. He loves to stir and help and watch in the kitchen. He helps Ju Ju bake cupcakes at her house and help in the kitchen so I decided to let him help me too. He did great and really enjoyed it. When the play-doh was done, we used cookie cutters to make stars. This was a lot of fun!



For Valentine's Day, Bennett wore his new shirt and took his Valentine's to his friends at Ju's. He "made" tags for goldfish crackers that said, "Will you o'fish-ally be my Valentine?" and one for his friend Autumn that was a squeeze fruit that said, "Won't you be my main "squeeze?". Ju got some soap that said, "I was SOAPIN' you'd be my Valentine" and his handpainted masterpiece. From Momma and Daddy, Bennett got a vacuum and a mop and broom... in just the right size. He loves the real deal so I knew he would love these! I was right!


On Friday afternoon, I went to get my hair done. Jonathan brought him to meet me in town so we could go to Lowe's for a simple home improvement project. (more on that in a minute). When I got in the truck, this is what I saw! He fell on the pavement and scraped his nose and head. Bless it! 


Ahh. Home improvement. I LOVE a good DIY project. Let me begin by saying that this project was a necessity... well, most of it. Apparently, I used The Works bathroom cleaner on my faucet and porcelain kitchen sink. It was fine at the time, but fast forward several months... we have a problem. It ate holes in my faucet! When we turned the water on one day, we got a shower. I decided that since we had to get a new faucet anyway, I would want a new sink, a stainless steel one. Off to Lowe's we go. Apparently, my old, refinished, porcelain sink was 41" wide. Standard sinks are 33". Fantastic. We got our faucet and went home to regroup. Luckily, my uncle is a collector of all things and happened to have a sink. It looked brand new once we cleaned it up. The problem came, however, when we realized that our counter top had been cut for a 41" sink. Back to Lowe's Jonathan goes for a new section of countertop and some plumbing supplies. Everything is now done and looks great! Here are my boys working on our kitchen Saturday morning. Everything Jonathan did, Bennett did, too.

On Sunday, we went to McCormick to celebrate Jonathan's grandfather's 80th birthday. We had a wonderful time with family and friends celebrating such a sweet man! On our way home, we stopped by Cook Out for a Caramel Cheesecake milkshake. When we got home, Bennett decided to finish mine up for me!

And... then he finished up his day with a little puff corn... on a fork :) This boy cracks me up!





No comments:

Post a Comment