Sunday, October 27, 2013

We Love Fall!


On Friday, we didn't have school so I was off and excited about spending the day with my boy and my mama. I had a doctor's appointment to get my bloodwork done for our insurance so mama went with us and we hung out in town. While at the doctor's office, they told me they had gotten the pediatric flu shots in. I decided since I had mama with me, I would get Bennett's done. He only cried for a minute and has had no trouble at all. 

After the doctor's visit, we went to Rack Room to try to find the boy some shoes! He has outgrown nearly everything with this recent growth spurt. At Rack Room, he found some boots he liked. They were Toy Story boots... and they lit up. He thought they were great... me, not so much! I searched the shelves and I found these little gems on clearance and he was happy and so was I. There were no characters, words, or lights! He had to put them on in the store and he wouldn't take them off. 

Later Friday, Katie text to see if we wanted to come over for an impromptu dinner party. Of course we did! We already have so much fun and all of the kids in our group have fun together, too! Here are Warren, Emma, and Bennett playing together!

Bennett and Colby loved these stairs. P.S. Yes, B is wearing part of his costume. LOL. He dressed up for our dinner party!

On Saturday morning, Jonathan went hunting so my little buddy and I cleaned, organized, and baked! Bennett loves to cook and when I am in the kitchen, he says, "Up, Mommy. BB cook!" Here he is saying "Cheese!" and putting his macadamia nut cookies on the cookie sheet.


After baking cookies, we folded some clothes! Bennett decided to drive his car around a bit... and model his boots! LOL!

On Saturday night, we went to my mama's for our Saturday Night Supper. After supper, we carved our pumpkin, roasted the seeds, and lit up our pumpkin. This is the first pumpkin we have carved with B and he kept repeating, "Carve buntin!" since we had been telling him that was what we would do after supper. He helped scoop out the insides but had the most fun helping Grandma!


Bennett and Grandma cleaning off the seeds and getting ready to roast them.


Here is our sweet boy and our pumpkin.


Happy Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment