Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Little Deja Vu... and Valentine's Day

There is a bunch to catch up on! Two weeks ago, I had planned to take that Friday off of work and head to Switcharoos, a HUGE consignment sale. Marcie actually went on Thursday and told me not to waste my time. The 2T boys stuff was not worth the trip. Hmm. My sister had told me about a place in Columbia called Once Upon a Child. I decided to check it out. I am SO glad I did. I loved the one on Harbison Blvd. so much, I headed across Columbia to the one on Two Notch Rd. This place is SUPER picky about the stuff they accept and their prices are great. It is very organized- I'm talking by size AND color. It even smelled good! I am HOOKED! Here is what I scored for B for spring/summer to add to some of what I already bought here and there. I got 12 pair of shorts, one pair of seersucker pants, 2 vests, a bathing suit and 20 shirts! I was STOKED! Now, I need to get busy monogramming these shirts! :)
 
Last week, we had a bit of deja vu! It snowed...a LOT. I haven't seen this much snow in a LONG time! B, of course, was thrilled and I must admit that seeing it all through his eyes was such fun. His excitement about LIFE in general is contagious and such a good thing!
 

We found an old metal Coke sign at my Mama's and used it as a sled. Daddy even pulled B using a hoe.

We had a big family breakfast. We love any excuse to get together... and it usually involves food. Uncle Dave even took B for a ride on the four-wheeler. B LOVED it!

My sweet boy and I all bundled up!

Family Pic

B and his granddaddy.  This was taken on our road... in the MIDDLE of the road. We rode the Rhino all morning one day. We pulled each other behind it with a rope and Coke sign. Such fun and great memories made... especially my mother wiping out in the ditch.

Bennett learned to throw snowballs. Luckily his aim was a tad off. These hard, icy balls hurt!

I love this sweet face!

This is Bennett's new fun thing to do. He will get my camera and take pics.. usually selfies. I never know what I will find when looking through my pictures!
 
While we were snowed in, we also celebrated Valentine's Day! Since the snow started melting and we were getting cabin fever, we all went out Friday night. Here we are before our family Valentine date.

 
We headed to town and apparently the WHOLE town had cabin fever and was celebrating V-Day too because it was CROWDED on the roads. We actually turned around to hit up a great little Japanese restaurant. We were only one of two families in the restaurant. Pretty perfect actually.

Sweet baby on our date

My Valentines!

Bennett loved getting on stage to check out the projection screen. He figured out he could make his shadow do different things.
 
After dinner, we headed to town to get B's Valentine's gift from us. He got to pick out a fish and a fish tank. When we got home, we realized the tank was cracked. Never fear though. My always-thinking hubby suggested a vase until B and I could get another tank the next day. Hooray.

B and Daddy getting our fish "vase" set up for Bennett's fish.

Max spent the night in B's room

Love this boy!

My boys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment