So.... we have a lot of catchin' up to do! My little fella keeps me very busy and blogging somehow falls to the bottom of the "to-do" list... even though it is one of my favorite hobbies! Hmmm... where to begin?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Lovebug is going through a phase of clinginess and separation anxiety. One of my books said this was common about this time. He has always loved being held and with people. He has never liked playing independently. Now, when we walk out of the room, it hurts his feelings something horrible! He cries, real tears! It usually quickly results in this momma rushing to the rescue to kiss those tears away. He wants to hold hands. He nuzzles. He "hugs". At night, he has to be touching me... either my face or arm. Bless him. I secretly love it! Oh, who am I kidding? I love it. I love that my sweet boy's face lights up when I come in. I love that he wants me. I love that he KNOWS me... and I know him like no one else ever will. I have memorized that sweet little face and kissed those sweet little cheeks countless times. Being his mommy is the greatest blessing!
So what if he wants to sleep with us? At first I felt guilty that I had failed the parenting test by having my child sleep with us. My goal (back in February) was that I would transition Bennett to his crib during Spring Break. I got as far as washing his crib sheet. The thought of moving him had me in tears. Then, I realized that there is no "Crib Police" that will arrest me because my child has never spent not even ONE night in his crib. So what? I don't know of any ten year olds that still sleep with their parents. At the moment, I need to hear him breathe. I want him within arm's reach. Turns out, I need him as much as he needs me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the boy's play station on the couch :)
Mommy and B pic before school one morning... I love this little face!
This week, we celebrated my 27th birthday. I started my birthday week with a dinner and cake in McCormick at Jonathan's mama and daddy's house. We had a great time. I didn't have my camera to take pics of the festivities there. This pic was taken before we went to my mama's for my birthday supper.
It seems the Easter Bunny was very busy visiting one special little boy. Bennett got THREE Easter baskets this year! His Gram and Papa G got him one. This is the Easter basket from Granddaddy and Grandma.
The Easter Bunny also made a stop at our house for B's first Easter
Our sweet babe checking it all out
Beginning his thorough investigation
Sweet boy in his Easter outfit. Bennett's Gram bought him this outfit before he even made his debut!
Easter Sunday at church... Me, Bennett, Lillianna, and Anna Kayla (my friend of twenty two years!)
As Marcie put it on her facebook page... this is Siloam's future. We are so blessed that all these babies are growing up together and that the friendships between all of us continues to grow!
The Goffs... Easter 2012
Matthew and Lili Kate brought Emma Kate to visit on Easter Sunday. Here is my sweet boy checking out his little cousin! He was entranced by her!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week, I have been on Spring Break. Monday, we had Bennett's 6 month pictures made. Linsey Wilson met us at Lander. Bennett has adjusted a bit more each time to having his picture taken. Now that he is sitting up, picture taking is a bit easier. I can't wait to see how these turn out! She always does a great job.
Bennett has had a runny nose for about a week and a skin rash that I suspected was eczema. I called the doctor and got an appointment for today. We went and got some meds to get all this cleared up. Our baby boy weighed a whopping 18 lbs. 8 oz today! Wow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alrighty, folks. You are all caught up on what we have been up to! Stay tuned for 6 months pics... and a little insight to a book I have been reading... one of my faves!!!! Can't wait to share it with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment