Tuesday, April 3, 2012

6 month update... and some BIG news!


We have been busy this week! Jonathan turned 27 on March 28th, and on April 1st, our big boy turned a half a year old! Can you believe it? Here is a picture of my sweet hubby during his birthday dinner.


Mommy and Bennett


So... Jonathan hasn't been loving my choice of hats for Bennett lately and decided to take matters into his own hands. He bought hats for himself and for B.


Our sweet boy in his new hat


Happy Baby! See those chompers??


THIS is precisely why we MUST strap this busybody in to EVERYTHING. Here he is modeling his "sitting" skills in his swing.


My sweet boy in his Easter outfit :)


Another picture from our photo shoot outside. He is eating a dandelion :)


Here is the beginning of our 6 month photo shoot. These are getting more and more difficult as lovebug likes to move around... and HATES to be still.


Once he found the sticker on his shirt, it was all over with. He was determined to eat it.




Mommy and B... B was OBVIOUSLY over the photo session. He can only tolerate so much of the paparazzi!


Modeling his cute new plaid madras shorts!


Rocking in his rocking chair in the yard. This boy LOVES to be outside, and can spot a bird no matter where it is. This is hilarious to me because those of you that know me know that I do NOT heart birds!


Willing the sprinkler to water our grass seed :)

6 Month update

At six months, Bennett....
*sits on his own- not for long though before he wants to stand up
*is eating more and more solids- he loves sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, apples, carrots... and only the Gerber brand. Hmmm...
*is still pretty high-maintenance, not sure where in the world he gets that from ;)
*loves to be outside
*loves our puppies
* talks and babbles all the time- he says what sounds like the word "hey" all the time
*Snuggles and hugs you... not really with his hands but with his face. This is especially fun when he is drooling and has a runny nose.
*Still sleeps in our room (don't judge me... I need to hear him breathe!)
*Swings his left arm up and down as a signal that he is tired. This arm goes wild and out of control. It's funny!!!
*Loves to watch the birds outside
*Loves drinking pear juice from the sippy cup
*drinks an 8 ounce bottle
*tries to grab the spoon to feed himself... this results in a BIG mess and usually a gagging baby because he shoved his mouth onto the spoon and gagged himself!
*is about 18 pounds
*can roll however many times it takes to get to whatever he wants to get to
*has two teeth on the bottom
*is wearing 6-9 month clothes
*feet are too chubby to fit into ANY of the cute sandals I bought him! :)

There you have it folks... B's six month update. Now, as the title implies, the Goff family has BIG news. Can you guess what it is? What? A baby, you say? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Have you not read this blog at all and remembered that my child had colic AND reflux??? He is a TOTAL blessing but he will NOT be getting a sibling anytime soon... so, since your guess was completely off, I will tell you! I am excited to announce that I will be a full time mommy come June 1st! I resigned from my teaching position on Monday! I could not be more excited about spending time with my sweet boy. God has been so good and so faithful to us and has blessed us so that I can take this wonderful opportunity! He has also blessed me with a wonderful husband who supports me and is working so that I can stay home with B. At the moment, I am praying about an opportunity that will allow me to spend time with Bennett, teach, and further the kingdom.... three of my passions! I can't wait to see what God continues to do... and how He will use me! God is so good my friends... ALL the time!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE finding blogs of mommies with boys! Glad I came across yours! HE IS ADORABLE! Going to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are following! I am following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete