Life just gets better and better. Really. Hard times happen, and they throw us for a loop, but all in all- life is good. It's hard to remember exactly what life was like before B came along. He has made our lives so full and rich. I am in constant prayer of thanksgiving for the blessing of Bennett and for all of the other blessings God has given us- our family and friends, our health, - ALL of it. God is faithful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of blessings, our family increased by one on March 20th. Emma Kate Womack joined our clan a little after midnight. She weighed 7 lbs., 2 oz. and was 19 inches long. Emma Kate is my cousin Matthew's daughter. We went to visit Emma Kate, Matthew, and Lili Tuesday afternoon. She is precious. It's hard to believe that my sweet boy was that size five and a half months ago! Wow!
Matthew and I have always been very close. Our Womack family has always been very tight-knit. We eat together and spend holidays together without fail. My cousins are more of my blessings! I am so thankful that we are as close as we are- and I hope our babies are too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somehow, this camoflauge onesie keeps reappearing. I am pretty sure Bennett outgrew it months ago :) Apparently it's one size fits all!
Here is my sweet boy being a BIG boy and holding his own bottle while taking a break from yardwork outside. He is relaxing with a bottle and a little Baby Einstein!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of my BIG boy, we now have TWO teeth! He hasn't been too extremely fussy but he has his moments!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I bought my guy some flip flops. Are they cute or what? They lasted all of about five minutes because I noticed that his fluffy foot was getting dents. Oh well. They were cute for awhile :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next few pics feature one of the first outfits I bought for Bennett after we found out we were having a boy. I love this little outfit about as much as I love his expression in this first pic! Hilarious! He gets frustrated that he is on his tummy and can't move yet. He tries and tries but gets nowhere!
Something about his facial expression reminds me of Chris Farley :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweet boy can now sit on his own! He is growing up so fast! I can't leave him unattended like this though. He gets sidetracked and loses focus- and topples over!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett and his Daddy on Sunday morning
Sweet boy!
He LOVES his feet! (No, the camera isn't playing tricks- B's eyes really are blue AND brown. While they are making their transition to be brown like his daddy's, they look like marbles! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
So you know how I said I have to watch B carefully when he is sitting? Sometimes, I put him in his Bumbo, add his play tray and a few toys and I can wash dishes and watch him at the same time. Not anymore. The Incredible Hulk completely dismantled the play tray today- and immediately tried to eat it. Here is a pic of the tray dismemberment!
And here is the Hulk trying to escape the Bumbo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have been doing solids for about a month and trying to introduce Bennett to a variety of fruits and veggies. My little control freak (don't know WHERE he gets that from ;) insists on trying to feed himself. This makes for a VERY messy mealtime and him ATTACKING the spoon by grabbing my hand and SHOVING it forcefully in his mouth. Here he is after I gave up trying to feed him... he won!
I'd say the squash was a success, wouldn't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment