Am I slack or what?? Wow! We have been so busy that once again, blogging has taken a back seat! Let's get you all caught up!
SOMETIMES, when he feels like it, B will sleep until 7:15-ish which means I can get ready for work before I wake him up. More often than not, he "helps" me get ready in the bathroom with my hair and make up. Previously, he would sit in his bouncy seat. This can no longer happen because, no matter how tightly he is strapped in, he can hang off the edge. So, enter the stroller. I push him from room to room while I am getting ready. Here he is one morning hanging out! Oh, I should also mention that our bathroom is about 8'x8'.... so he doesn't actually fit IN the bathroom with me, he just hangs out in the doorway :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mesh feeder is one of our faves right now. For those of you who are not familiar with this handy little gadget, its a mesh bag with a handle. You can put all sorts of goodies in there for baby to explore without them getting any chunks of things in their mouths. Here is B eating avocado in his feeder. I don't have to worry about him choking. This kid can GNAW up some stuff in this thing :) We are beginning to explore more people food. He eats vanilla wafers (as we hold them and very carefully avoid his chompers) and drinks from our cups. I also give him tastes of things I am eating as long as it isn't too spicy. I read an article on Baby Led Weaning (BLW). Apparently its the new "it" thing. It isn't for me. The principle of it is that you give your child WHATEVER you are eating in manageable pieces and let them eat it. Veggies should be steamed but served in strips so that the baby can pick them up themselves. This method is not for me. I bought Bennett some Baby Mum Mums (Baby Rice snacks) that supposedly dissolve quickly.... I about had a heart attack the first time he gagged. P.S. they didn't dissolve fast enough for this mama's peace of mind. Baby Led Weaning is NOT for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On April 27th, three days before Bennett turned SEVEN months old, we had our six month check up. I know, I know, a little behind :) Our little fella got FOUR shots AND his finger pricked :( Sadness. He is 18 lbs. 8 oz and 27 1/2 inches long. I immediately became worried and thought my child was shrinking. He was 30" at his last appointment. Apparently, the nurse last time measured him incorrectly... whew! After measuring baby boy, Dr. Ellenberg began asking questions about his development. He asked me if Bennett waves "bye bye". I had to respond "no." My parenting ego took a hit :) Needless to say, we have been practicing "bye bye" waving religiously!
Basically this visit just confirmed what I already knew... he is perfect in every way. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have TWO more teeth coming in! Bennett's top front teeth will be making their debut ANY day now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, without further ado, our seven month photo shoot. These get better and better each month. I had to sneak to get the sticker on so he wouldn't chew it to pieces :) Isn't he handsome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Baby Boy is semi-mobile. He is TRYING his hardest to crawl. He assumes the position then faceplants as soon as he tries to move his arms. He is THISCLOSE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently, Jonathan is on a Bachelor Weekend for our friend Adam. He left Thursday and will be back Sunday. B and I are staying with my mama so I have some back up. I have this irrational fear of something happening to me in the middle of the night and no one will be able to take care of B. Crazy, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, you are all caught up! I PROMISE it won't be as long until the next update :)
No comments:
Post a Comment