For Bennett's birthday, he got a set of golf clubs so he can be like his daddy :) He loves playing with his friend's clubs so Warren bought B a set of his own. One afternoon this week, he HAD to have his golf club in the crib with him. I went back in a few minutes later to check on him and this is what I found. His daddy was very proud :)
The week before Bennett's birthday, Jonathan and I decided to take Bennett to the zoo on the Friday after his birthday. Jonathan and I both took the day off to spend with our sweet boy. We headed out during his morning nap time. Here is B in his big boy car seat ready for the zoo!
He really did a great job. He loved people watching the best. Here he is with the ostriches.
Since we were at the zoo two years ago, they have built a platform to feed the giraffes. Bennett seemed so excited and really wanted to touch one... until a giraffe came close enough... then he lost his nerve. I love his face!
Bennett and Daddy- doesn't B look like such a big boy??
Speaking of big boys, Bennett wanted to walk around by himself. He is really good at walking but the pavement made me a bit nervous. I am scared of tooth injuries... paranoid, right? Here he is holding Daddy's hand and walking through the zoo.
Getting a picture of this little fella and not getting a blur from his constant motion was a challenge. Here he is with the elephants.
After walking around for a while, it was time for a little lunch break. This kid had worked up quite the appetite. Here he is eating his fruit pouch. Yummy in B's tummy :)
B and the bears :)
Looking at the flamingos... he was actually more interested in trying to climb the fence than the seeing the birds.
Mommy and B in the bird exhibit
Bennett in the aquarium. He loved watching the fish- especially this one little fish near his hand. He tried to catch it many times :)
Here is Bennett on the turtle. Someone suggested that I take his picture on the turtle every year we go. I think I will :)
After our trip to the zoo, we went to spend a Toys R Us gift card that his Papa gave him for his birthday. He got new clothes for the cooler weather. He started pitching a MAJOR hissy fit so we had to cut our shopping trip short. We had such a fun time... I think this may be a new birthday tradition. :)
On Saturday, Bennett helped Daddy plant food plots for the deer. Bennett LOVES riding the tractor!
On Tuesday, we took Bennett to the doctor for his one year well-check AND for the dreaded shots. My stomach was in knots and I had cried a tear or a thousand already that day... for many reasons. I was an emotional wreck. On Monday night, I received a text from a friend saying that his two year old niece had been diagnosed with leukemia. Wow. It was a lot to take in and it hit way to close to home for my comfort. I can't imagine what that sweet baby's momma has to be going through... or what that precious little will have to endure to fight this nasty disease. Then, my thoughts turned to my own sweet baby sleeping soundly in his crib and how grateful I was that he was healthy... and I was reminded not to take that for granted. That sweet family was on my heart all night and the next morning. I cried a river on the way to work processing it all. Then, the closer it got to 3:30, the more nervous I got for my own baby. I know shots are good for him, but my goodness... In addition to the four shots B was scheduled to get, he was to get a finger stick too. This is normally very sad for me BUT this time, it was going to bring me a little peace of mind. My wonderful doctor checks hemoglobin in infants/toddlers since hemoglobin levels are good indicators of childhood diseases and cancers. In the wake of the text from my friend, I have never been more grateful for a finger stick! I even got the doctor to agree to them every six months JUST to make me feel better. He cried and cried and stopped breathing but within five minutes and a trip to walk in the grass outside, he was good. We took him to buy some new clothes and eat Chick Fil A to make him feel better :) Now... for the statistics. Bennett weighs 21 lbs, 13 oz, (32%ile) is 29.5" long (38%ile) and his head is in the 92%ile. We go back in January :)
Last, but not least, here is my sweet helper helping me eat a snack. He likes to try to feed me. By feed me, I mean trying to forcefully cram a fist full of goldfish into my mouth. He had the most fun digging in the goldfish carton :)
No comments:
Post a Comment