Monday, March 11, 2013

Bennett Learns to Share

SO, as promised, here is a sneak peek of Bennett's Easter pics. They were originally going to be in some pretty green grass but the rain changed all that and we did them on the photographer's front porch. I think they still turned out cute! P.S. Bennett did NOT heart the bunny. At this point in the pictures, he didn't know it was down there. When he realized it, he quickly moved his feet away from the bunny :) Isn't he HANDSOME?

Love this sweet face!


Okay, so this next picture needs a little intro. In college, I learned all about the stage of assimilation. Assimilation is where a child takes a ball, for instance. The ball is round and bounces, therefore anything round must be a ball and bounce. Bennett has shown this exact theory with apples... and potatoes... and onions. I keep these next to the pantry in the kitchen. He thinks they are balls... and throws them... a lot :) He also applies this principle to the Vick's inhaler and Chap-Stic. My grandaddy uses a Vick's inhaler ALL.THE.TIME. Bennett sees him do it and he occasionally puts it (with the cover on) up to Bennett's nose. Coincidentally, it looks like Chap-Stic. Bennett now thinks ALL Chap-Stic belongs up his nose, like an inhaler. Here he is snorting Jonathan's Chap Stic. 

The weather has been really nice here lately and my boy loves to be outside. It doesn't matter what the temperature is or even the time of day. He points to the door and wants out. He will even bring us our shoes if we don't have any on. Here we are spending a little time enjoying the sunshine.

He LOVES playing in the dirt in the garden. He runs up and down the rows nonstop.

I pulled him around in his wagon and then he decided HE wanted to pull it around. He is really strong and took it around the house a time or two. 

So... we aren't really potty training but since he is starting to show interest, I decided that he needed a potty of his own so he could start getting acquainted. Before his bath, I put him on the big potty and we count to ten. When he has a wet diaper, he will pull on it or point to it. He is becoming aware of what is going on. After the potty came home with us on Saturday, I took off his diaper and sat him on it. He sat for a minute, got up and peed on the side of it. I sat him back down... nothing. He stood up, peed on the side of it again. Sat him down trying to get him to finish in the potty. After all, the potty sings a song when it realizes it has been used successfully. Rewarding, right??? No go. The side of the potty got peed on three times while it got to sing ZERO songs. Oh well. He he! Here he is using his potty as a chair. 


This weekend, Bennett learned to share... his virus. On Friday, Ju, his babysitter, called to say that Bennett had thrown up but he seemed to feel okay. I went to get him from her. He was fine that afternoon. She then called to say that the little boy that stays there with Bennett was throwing up and she had just been called to get her son... who was also throwing up. Great. A virus. We went home and he was absolutely fine. He wasn't acting sick but didn't have an appetite, so I was hoping it was a fluke. Friday night, we went to get some supper to bring home. After we finished, Bennett came over to me, opened his mouth and PUKED ALL OVER ME. Wow. It freaked him out a bit so Jonathan took care of Bennett, who was clean as a whistle. I, on the other hand, was covered from top to bottom and had to go change and shower. I braced for a long night ahead but I shouldn't have. It was an isolated incident and Bennett recovered just fine. Saturday, we played outside while Jonathan was at the golf course. We cleaned and disinfected our entire house and opened the windows to help those germs find their way out. Saturday evening, we went to Mama's for dinner. I wasn't feeling that great. We got home and put Bennett to bed. Then... I got sick and was sick repeatedly all night until 5 Sunday morning. It was awful. Sunday, I laid around all day because I was exhausted. Serious props to my sweet, amazing, caring, kind, loving, wonderful hubby. He took care of Bennett all day so I could rest. He does such an amazing job. I am so thankful for him. Sunday night, I was still running fever so I decided to stay home Monday to make sure all the germs were gone before we went around too many people. Ju text to say she was hit with this stomach bug too. YUCK! Hopefully, Jonathan will steer clear of it and stay healthy.




No comments:

Post a Comment