Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dah Dah, a 17 Month Update, and a Few Shed Tears

I am a few days behind... I know! Big boy has been up to some exciting things. His new word is "dah, dah!" It's really "ta da" and he thinks you should say it after everything he does! Just the other night, he dipped his oranges in Jonathan's ketchup... and ate them... and then said, "dah dah!" He is a mess! He loves saying "uh oh, whoa, no no, night night, dog dog, Ty Ty (our dog), Momma, Daddy, juice, cheese, grits, mine, car, and nana (banana)" He has learned that a bird says "tweet tweet". Just this week he said "Granddaddy" for the first time. He can nod his head "yes" and shake it "no". He is obsessed with light switches. He has learned to unlock our iPhones... sigh. He is busy, busy, busy!




Now, this next picture looks cruel but it isn't. I promise. Bennett has recently begun to "hide" when he goes potty. His favorite spot is beside my nightstand. Today, he went beside the sewing machine and got stuck! I had to take a picture before I rescued him. :) This weekend, we are buying a potty that is just his size. I put him on the big potty before he gets in the tub and he sits for about 10 seconds. He also has started pulling at his diaper when he is wet. We are not going to potty train for a while yet but I think that he is becoming aware of what is going on. He likes to sit on chairs so I think he will enjoy becoming familiar with a little potty. :)

As the title suggests... tears were shed this week. One of our mamas at the preschool died in her sleep Saturday night. She was 36. She leaves behind her husband and two sons, ages 4 and 7. She was beautiful inside and out. Because of her relationship with Jesus Christ, I KNOW where she is; however, I can't help but mourn because of the HUGE hole that has been left in the lives of all that loved her... especially her boys. One of my biggest fears isn't death, it's leaving B to navigate life without me. I hate knowing that my sweet husband and family would grieve. My heart has just been broken for Mary Beth's family and how their lives changed in an instant. It has made me realize even more how important it is to be present in the moment. I try to "disconnect" if Bennett is awake. I don't talk on the phone, text, blog, facebook, etc. if he is awake. I try to soak him in and BE a Momma actively, not passively. I never want to say, "I wish I would have spent more time with my family." Another thing that has been brought to light in the midst of Mary Beth's death is that I want to be present in pictures a little more. So often times, I don't want my picture made because I don't have make up on or I just don't feel like it. During Mary Beth's visitation, we sat and watched a slideshow of pictures while waiting to go see her family. There were TONS of pictures of her AND her family. I take pictures almost every day of Bennett but I am not in many with him. I want to look back at pictures and remember each moment and I want those pictures to be proof that I was there and present at each event! My heart goes out to her family. I have shed many tears thinking of those precious babies not having their Momma to tuck them in or bring them to school. Their lives will NEVER be the same. It seems natural to question God because it is something that we don't understand. How could someone that had so much to live for be taken so suddenly and at such a young age? We aren't meant to understand such things. His ways are far greater than ours. Life is short. We don't know the number of our days but HE does. It is my hope that I will remember to live in the NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment