Thursday, July 4, 2013

21 Month Update... SIKE

So, once again, I am tardy in my monthly update and pictures. Oops. Maybe I will surprise you and post it tomorrow! :) Anywho...

This past Tuesday, B and I went to Ware Shoals to visit my daddy, B's Papa. While we were there, Daddy suggested we take him to feed the ducks at the river. This was one of my favorite things to do at the river... besides jump from rock to rock with my Nana. Ahh... precious memories! I digress. Bennett loved the ducks and loved throwing bread to at them. The ducks weren't afraid of him and he wasn't afraid of them either! We had a great time!


While I am getting ready in the mornings, Bennett likes to play in the bathroom sink or play in my make up bag. Usually, this isn't a big deal because it keeps him occupied and close by so I can keep my eye on him and make it to our destination on time. The other morning, my sidekick gave himself another makeover with lipstick and mascara. Oh, and here he is putting in his earplugs we use for bathtime :) (Excuse the drool... we are finishing up this teething business!)

My little fella is OBSESSED with anything with wheels or a motor... or a steering wheel. He has recently become fascinated with hooking things together after seeing his daddy hook the trailer up to the truck or his granddaddy hook the lawnmower trailer up to the lawnmower.  Here he is lining up his vehicles. After this picture, we tied them all together with an old phone cord. How's that for some awesome engineering?


Did you know that Bennett is part monkey? Please note where my precious little Batman is perched. On the other side of this bar, is the den. In this den against the wall is a little "Bennett-sized" chair. I was washing dishes this morning when I see a little head peek over the bar. Next, I see two hands grabbing the bar and PULLING himself over the bar to sit on the counter. He had used his chair to help him climb the wall to hoist himself over! This kid is a MESS!


He has recently become fascinated with looking at pictures in our house and naming the people in them. Today, I collected some of the photo cards we have gotten and pictures we have of people he knows. I spread them out and he studied them for awhile and we named everyone. He has loved looking at them and telling me who everyone is! 


Now, one final story... Little man still gets in our bed at some point each night. In the mornings, once we wake up, he likes to pull the covers up over our heads and play in the "tent". He has started saying "dark" when he goes under the covers :) This kid is too smart, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment