Last Friday, Mama and I went to Greenwood to take in some of the Festival of Flowers events with Bennett and my niece, Kensie. Bennett loves Kensie. He has been calling for "Ki-Ki" all week. Before Mama left to go get her, she told him that "Grandma would bring Kensie back." Now, when Bennett calls for Kensie, he also says "back!" Ha ha. He doesn't miss much! We took them to an animal show (Bennett wasn't too thrilled with this. There was too much talking and not enough action for him!), the museum, and to a benefit for a friend of ours. They did great!
Playing at the Train Table at the Museum.
Pretending to be blacksmiths
He crawled up under the desk while Kensie was "teaching" in the school room.
_________________________________
This past week, I worked a few mornings and my sweet boy and I enjoyed our afternoons! I had VBS this week so I was gone a lot so we make the most of our afternoons together! We spent LOTS of time outside and even did a little shopping!
Photoshoot out by the pool.
After we played in the pool for a bit, we went over to Mama's and B played with Ashton and Kensie. Here the boys are helping Granddaddy do a little yard work.
We got up Saturday morning and headed to town for the Festival of Stars festivities. We started with the parade. Here are B and "Car-Car", Ju's son, waiting on the parade to start. Bennett loves Ju's boys!
Daddy and B on the golf cart watching the parade
After the parade, we headed to the park to check out all the fun stuff there. Here is B feeding some miniature horses. This boy loves animals!
Bennett and Daddy checking out the tractors
We ate some lunch in the park and headed home so B could get a nap. After his nap, we played outside and went to Grandma and Granddaddy's for supper. B got a bath, put on his jammies, and then said, "Rock Rock". Instead of rocking, we had other plans! We all piled up in Jonathan's truck to go back to town to meet Gram and Papa G to check out the fireworks!
Bennett LOVED them! He said "Wow!" and "Whoa!" and wasn't scared a bit!
It started drizzling but we didn't get too wet!
__________________________________
Now, for a final story...
Bennett doesn't miss anything and he has an excellent memory! I usually take a shower after Bennett goes to bed because in the mornings, I don't want to have him roaming all over the house while I am in the shower. I like him to be close by so I can watch him. Anyhow... on the weekends, I shower in the mornings. Bennett loves to come in and peek around the shower curtain, throw random stuff in there with me, or play with the water... usually freezing me! I have started locking the door and sneak off while he is playing with his Daddy. Lately, I will hear the door knob jingle, followed by a rapping on the door and a little voice saying "knock, knock". I told him it was locked and he starts shouting "Keys?" He is a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment