A LOT has been going on the past few weeks. It seems as though things never slow down! The BIGGEST news in our family happened just today. My uncle Larry was diagnosed with stage IIIB lung cancer that was inoperable back in December. He underwent chemo and radiation and had his big PET scan on Thursday. Today, he got the results. The tumor is GONE. He will still undergo the BIG chemo... just to make sure any lingering cells are targeted but the tumor is no longer there and it is gone from his lymph nodes, too. When I heard, I was actually in shock. I realized then just how much my faith waivered through all this. I shouldn't have been the least bit surprised. Hadn't I been praying for a miracle? Hadn't I been praying for complete healing? Then why was I so shocked that it actually happened? I KNOW God works miracles everyday-- just breathing and living is a miracle. Little miracles are miracles and we take them for granted. I am SO grateful that I serve a MIGHTY God who heals and saves. I am blessed.
In other news... I went out today in search of some pants for B. He will have Easter pictures this weekend and I am making a shirt for him to wear. I had the whole outfit in mind. I actually scored a SUIT... a seersucker suit! I am in love with it. It even had a shirt and tie. The whole suit will be for Easter but the pants will be perfect for pictures! He wanted to wear the coat around Belk :)
Ju has been working with the kids on memorizing John 3:16. Tonight, we were practicing, and I said, "For God..." and he says, "For God, no like ugly!" Ju says this a lot and it made me laugh so hard! That is kind of like scripture... just a paraphrase... right? LOL!
Bennett has got ATTITUDE with a capital "A". He has started saying, "Oh. My. Gosh." Sassy, just like that. It sounds terrible coming out of my two year old's mouth and we are trying to stop it. I told mama that I had no idea where it was coming from. Then, just the other day, he was riding his four wheeler up and down Jonathan's trailer ramp at all 5 whole mph. It made me a nervous wreck. What words should I hear coming out of my mouth? "Oh. My. Gosh!" Yep. He got it from me. Bless it. We are working on "Oh, my goodness." Bennett's translation? "Oh. My. Goodies.
"My do it." We are having a hard time with the pronoun, "I" but I have to admit... it is a bit precious. My little man is SO independent. We hear this phrase a LOT!
Apparently, our house is infested... with alligators. At night when we tell B to go to his room to get his jammies, he will say, "B scared. Alligators get me!" I think its a small form of manipulation to get us to go get the jammies but still. It's a tad funny.
Before B goes to bed, he asks me to sit on his windowseat and "sing and pray". We sit and snuggle. I always ask him if there is anything he wants to thank God for that day. His response the other night? "Thank you, God Baby Jesus!" It melted this mama's heart knowing that God had answered my biggest prayer... that my sweet boy would love HIM with his whole heart and that God would begin work on B as soon as he was born. I can't wait to see what God does with our wee one!
Ok..so we have the same issue with alligators. We have to pretend to pick up the alligator and put him in our tub to sleep at night...lol!! :)
ReplyDelete