On August 19, Bennett officially became a preschooler! I had been wrestling with the decision for awhile but after much thought and discussion, we decided it would be a great thing for Bennett. I was so hesitant and worried about how he would transition from being at Ju's for nearly three years to a more structured school environment... with more kids and more rules and more expectations. I shed lots of tears over this... mainly because I was going outside of my comfort zone and also because it was just another way my baby bird was beginning to try out his little wings. We talked "big boy" school up BIG TIME. We went to visit a few weeks before he started and while he was hesitant at first, he was playing and didn't want to leave an hour later. Each night we prayed for his friends and teachers at his new school and prayed that God would make this an easy transition for B and for me! His first day, we put on his new outfit and took some pictures!
He was SO stinkin' excited!
He wanted to model his new Spiderman goggles for a few pictures!
Then it was time to leave! Jonathan went with us to celebrate the first official day! We dropped B off and while a little timid at first, he did great! No tears!
He has continued to do so well! We are so thankful for the friends he has made already. Dalton started the same day he did. Emma and Evan will start next week. We are SO happy with how well he is transitioning and all that he is learning. We are so thankful for his teacher, Mrs. Leslie, who happens to have been a worker at the daycare I went to when I was little! Amy, the director, worked at my daycare, too! It reminds me so much of the daycare where I grew up. I still have so many great memories of that wonderful place! He is so excited to go to his school and loves telling us all about each day's happenings. They have already told us that he is such a well-mannered little boy and that makes us so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment