Thursday, June 30, 2016

Month of May Catch Up--'cause Mommy is a Slacker!



The month of May flew by... and so did June. Oops. The month of May was a good one. It was the unofficial kickoff to our summer. We started the month celebrating Mother's Day. I got a sweet card in the mail from Holden (thanks to his sweet Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Beverly). 


I also got this sweet card and pot holder from Bennett. I also got the annual Mommy survey. I love these!

We went to church and had to pose for a few Mother's Day pictures. I am so blessed to be the mommy of this crew. My babies are such a blessing to me.


After church, we celebrated Mother's Day with my mama. Leonardo and his baby brother helped give her her gifts.


During the month of May, we also took B fishing. He had a great time and even picked out the worms for his daddy to bait the hook. We had a fun time. Well, almost all of us did. Holden did not heart the fishing trip at all. He was ticked that he couldn't get into the pond or eat the grass. 




I love this sweet outfit so I felt the need to take a picture. How cute is this sweet fella?


One rainy day while little brother was napping, big brother and I got busy working on his part of a few art projects for our hall art gallery.


I love the way it turned out!


We also played baseball every Saturday in May. Bennett did great this year! I am so proud of him! 

B and Uncle Abo

Mommy and B

We also had a lunch date with my granddaddy. I am so thankful for the relationship he has with my babies.

One cool day, my big boy said, "Mama, let's go out to our happy place."  So, what's a girl to do? We grabbed our blankets and headed to the porch, of course. 


We also pitched a fit our twelve during the month of May. On this particular day, Bennett got mad at me and curled up in a chair behind the pillow and went to sleep!


We had friends over to enjoy an outside supper picnic.


We went mud riding in the garden.


We even planted some seeds and transplanted them to our garden spot! They actually grew!



We also finished up our second t-ball season. Bennett had a blast and learned so much. The difference between last year and this year was crazy! He stayed on the field and played! Progress!

Here are some pics from the last game and the trophy presentation.




One morning, we got a babysitter so I could go on a date with B. We went to Cracker Barrel to eat breakfast... and play checkers.


We went to WalMart...

 

And one day in May, he celebrated his last day of preschool! He will continue through the summer but classes are officially over! He will start "big school" in the fall. I'm not so sure my Mommy heart
is ready for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment