Thursday, June 30, 2016

Goff Family Staycation


The first weekend of June, we went a few miles down the road for our first camping trip of the summer. We headed to the State Park for a little relaxation-- and to make sure our camper was in good working order before our big trips to faraway places :) 

The boys loved being outside most of their days. Here they are eating a yummy spaghetti dinner.

My big boy loved playing in the sand!

Holden doing what Holden does... eat!

Bennett loved riding his scooter around the loop-- either with us or following our golfcart!

Baby brother was just along for the stroll. He never wants to miss anything!

Oh you know, a few pics before bathtime and bedtime in the camper.

Sitting outside by the campfire with daddy before bathtime.

Cutiepie!

A family selfie before baby brother hit the sack-- or rather pack n' play. I was SO nervous about how he was going to sleep in the camper. This boy loves his bed and sleeps 12-13 hours a night--solid. I needn't have worried. Once we put him down with his 7 pacis and his sound machine... he was out like a light-- all night long. Bennett even slept really well in his bunk bed. He loves those things!


After we put Holden down, we let B stay up and enjoy the campfire, snuggling with Mommy, and eating marshmallows! This kid loves a campfire!

We also had our first geocaching experience while we were there. My sister and her family has talked about this for a while so I text my 10 year old nephew to get some details. :) We downloaded the app, bought some treasures, and set out to find the cache.

First things first. We had to "hike" so the stroller was a no-go. We had the carrier-- and H likes the carrier. It was a bajillion degrees and humid as all get out so I wasn't thinking I was physically going to be able to haul all 26 pounds of him over the river creek and through the woods. Jonathan took one for the team and I began to strap him up. Our first idea was to have Holden on his back. Ummm. Nah. He was just dangling and couldnt see much. We flipped him around and... voila. Technically he is still dangling but he could drink his own drink and see where he was going... 


The teacher nerd in me was super excited about this! After quite awhile, we found it! There was a bunch of junk in the ammo box hidden in an old stump-- and of course my kid was attracted to the crap in the box like a moth to a flame. This kids loves some junk. He traded the junk for some cool treasures we had bought at Wal-Mart--- that were better than what he ended up with. He got a battery operated tea-light candle and a _____. I don't even know what to call the rubber man thingiemabob. Oh well... he was thrilled.



A family selfie at the cache.

When we got back and put H down for a nap, this fella and I played a little cards for the first time. I taught him to play War.



When baby boy woke up, they played with their water table. This thing provides quite a bit of entertainment. I am not kidding.


Then we started to get ready for supper with friends. The Turners came to the campsite for supper. They all had so much fun!





They played well into the night catching frogs and lightning bugs and playing in the sand. They pulled out the lantern so play time didn't have to end just because it was dark!

Camping Trip #1 of 2016 is in the books. We had a fun time and made lots of memories together. I actually am beginning to enjoy this camping thing... who would have ever guessed?


No comments:

Post a Comment