This year, I directed our church's VBS. It was nerve-wracking, to say the least! It went way better than I expected and was actually a lot of fun. We are still singing VBS songs in our car! VBS is one of my favorite summer activities. I love the excitement of seeing littles learn about Jesus. I love hearing my own little singing VBS songs that speak truth into his heart. I love him telling me about what they learned in class that night.
Bennett and Dalton
Dalton, Bennett, and Chase waiting on Worship Rally to start.
This shirt-- y'all. This shirt cause tears let me tell you. It wasn't even because B wanted to wear it to Bible school and it has words on it! :) Our VBS raised offering throughout the week for a ministry called "Soul Food". The group feeds kids and their families who may have a hard time without school being in session. They feed them throughout the summer and on weekends. Offering each night was up to Bennett. We didn't force him to give. The first night, he didn't want to give his own money. After hearing "Aunt Lynn" tell VBS about why we were raising offering, we were able to have a good discussion about where the money was going. I explained that not everyone has food to eat at their houses and nice clothes and toys. He almost didn't believe me! He then went to his play clothes and pulled out this outfit that he wanted me to give to Aunt Lynn so another little boy could have it. I cried. He was getting it. I have tried to be intentional about doing things for others and including Bennett. I want it to be natural for him-- and to be done in love and with a cheerful heart... I need to remind myself of the same sometimes. God constantly amazes me in what he shows me through Bennett.
My boy and I during his snacktime. Don't you love the matching attire?
B and his sweet friend Carson. These two have been friends since B was 4 months old.
And last but not least... a swollen ankle picture. Right before commencement, I was putting on Bennett's shoes. I noticed his ankle was swollen and red. I thought he twisted it or something. Turns out it was from the bee sting 24 hours prior! This thing continued to swell-- and blister. He ended up with steroids and an antibiotic... and a diagnosis of cellulitis!






No comments:
Post a Comment