Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Rutledge Lake 2016

In June, we took a family vaca to Rutledge Lake in Fletcher, NC. Jonathan's parents came and spent two nights with us. We had so much fun making memories with the babies.

One day, we headed to Brevard. Of course we had to hit up O.P. Taylor's toy store. I am 31 years old and this place still impresses me! The boys were pretty impressed, too.
Daddy and Holden-- Holden wanted to roam around and we wouldn't let him-- much to his chagrin. 

 Bennett outside of the store on the horse. 

I have to tell a funny story. Right before we left, B spotted a claw machine. He convinced his Papa G to give him a quarter. He conned Jonathan into manning the claw. Well, Jonathan inserted the quarter and began explaining about the skill involved when Bennett hits the red button. Jonathan wasn't ready at all. Lo and behold, the doggone thing picks up THREE prizes and deposits them below. We explained to him that this isn't normally what happens, but he isn't convinced. He wants money for every claw machine he sees!

Sweet babies in matching shirts... ahhhhh. 
Bennett was thrilled that his campground had kayaks, canoes, and peddleboats. He tried them all out. 

Family selfie minus Gram and Holden-- he was napping.
Bennett loved catching lightning bugs each night!
And we loved late night campfires after baby brother went to bed.

We went to a waterfall.

Daddy took Bennett to the freezing cold water to watch a guy fly his drone.

Cutie pie!

On Friday, we said goodbye to Papa G and Gram and headed out for some fun....

At Chuck E. Cheese's. Bennett had never been and our whole family loves an arcade. We all had a blast!

Look at this face! He loved this ride!


We had to get a picture with the creepy Mr. Cheese.

On Saturday, we went gem mining. I remember doing this when I was little so I wanted B to do it too. He loved it and found a bag full of treasures!
Baby brother got in on the action. He loves water!


We had such a fun time. Who would have ever thought I would love camping??? Actually, I don't. When you have to have full hookup and a big camper, it's called GLAMPING :)











No comments:

Post a Comment