Monday, September 5, 2016

A Spontaneous Adventure

Those closest to me know that spontaneity is not my strong suit. I have always loved to know "what's next" and keep a schedule and routine. I don't love surprises or spur of the moment things. Well... last weekend, Jonathan was playing golf and I needed to run to the Pig really quickly for a few groceries for Sunday lunch the next day. We hadn't had lunch so I decided that we would have a picnic at Star Fort after our grocery trip. Bennett excitedly agreed. He loves Star Fort! We are frequent visitors there. Baby brother just loves to tag along :) 

When we got there, we noticed lots of people and some tents set up. They were having the National Park Service's 100 year anniversary set up in birthday party fashion-- complete with a big birthday card and cupcakes! 

We had our picnic and then checked out the activities.

Bennett signed the birthday card.

Holden and Bennett made birthday hats to celebrate. Bennett talked the Park Ranger's ear off about his tooth and him being in K4. He he! That's not like him at all. School has really made him very outgoing!
Holden tried to taste the green marker... then had fun while I was taking his selfie.


Their finished products. 
Then... this happened. Bennett NEVER wants his face painted... but.... this time, he did! Holden was fascinated to watch and sat just like his big brother.

Such a cool writing spider that this kid picked out. Interesting choice, B! 










No comments:

Post a Comment