On Labor Day, I was recovering from a three day long stomach bug and was finally feeling more like my usual self. It had been a rough three days! Since I was feeling better, Jonathan went back to do some work on the property, B and I headed to the pool with my parents while Holden napped. Bennett decided he wanted to ride his four-wheeler to the back of the property to meet Jonathan. This isn't really a big deal because it's nothing really new for him and he knows the property as well as any of us do. I called Jonathan to tell him that B was on his way. I told him that Daddy would meet him at the creek at the bottom of the big hill. Well, usually, when B makes it to his destination, Jonathan calls to let me know. After a few minutes, I called him. Bennett still wasn't there. I told Jonathan to go find him. A little while later, I hear all about what happened. Apparently, B went to the other creek where he had been with Jonathan earlier that day. His four wheeler got stuck and he couldn't get it unstuck so he set out on foot to the main logging road through the property. My cousin who was also back there riding his four wheeler happened to see Bennett and B explained what happened. David helped him get his four wheeler unstuck and reunited him with Jonathan. When I heard all this, my heart sank that my baby was worried and scared! As we were talking about what happened, he told me that when he was in the woods, he prayed. I immediately started tearing up that he KNEW that when he needed help, he could PRAY. That made my mama heart swell. He said he prayed, "Dear God, help me make it, 'cause I am so close!" I told him that God heard his prayer and sent "Uncle Dave" to help him. Then, at bedtime, he said, "Dear God, thank you for this day and thank you for sending Uncle Dave to help me when my four-wheeler got stuck." That precious boy. His faith amazes me sometimes--- he is only four and sometimes seems to just GET IT more than most adults too. Sometimes, we forget that God wants to hear from us and that we can pray about anything and at any time. I am so thankful for the work that God is doing in his heart... and that those seeds that have been planted in his heart are BLOOMING.
No comments:
Post a Comment