The Futches threw a graduation party for the graduating Class of 2030. I love this sweet group of friends. They had a good time even in a rainstorm.
Our summer kicked off with weekly free movies with Grey and Graham. Holden did much better with these than I thought he would... but then again, he loves a movie so... he really liked the gummies, Icees, and popcorn. :)
We participated in Greenwood Rocks and painted, hid, and found rocks around town. This was a lot of fun and Holden LOVED it.
In June, we went to Hiawassee, GA camping with Gram and Papa G. The campground was neat and had a little creek... a COLD creek that the boys liked.
Gram and B shooting a little pool in the game room.
And what's a camping trip without a campfire and roasted marshmallows.
Our humble camping abode.
So... Jonathan had heard from a guy at work about a place called Brasstown Bald. We decided to go visit and hike up to the top. Here we are on the way to the top. We are all smiles at this point...
We stopped for a breather. The smiles are quickly fading... Holden was tired. Bennett was tired... and both boys wanted us to carry them up the steeeeep incline. I'm still not sure why we didn't take the shuttle to the top.
We finally made it to the top! There was a museum and a lookout that were really neat... and a shuttle to take us to the bottom! Yay!
The views were so neat! It was worth the hike... I guess :)
The next day, we headed to Helen, GA to see the town. It was a neat place.
While Holden enjoyed a little power nap in the car, Bennett and the rest of the crew went to a very sketchy facility to ride gocarts. Bennett got to drive his own and was super impressed.
The boys enjoyed a little fishing at the pond.
When we got back home, the boys both started waking up through the night and this mama felt like she had newborns again. The solution??? Let them sleep together. Works like a charm... and every now and then I walk in to wake them up and see sweet moments like this!
June also brought about friend play dates. We all joined up at Marcie's for some swimming and lunch one Friday afternoon. I know I say this often... but I am thankful for friends that are family.
This is where Bennett's chicken obsession began. Holden really couldn't have cared less but B... he was ON me about getting some chickens. I am slightly terrified of all birds... especially big birds like this. B is clearly NOT afraid.
We enjoyed some tree farm rides with Uncle Abo.
And spent Sunday afternoons on the lake on the pontoon.
Just because it's summer doesn't mean we stop learning... especially when your mama is a teacher. Holden got a little name tracing practice and I must say, he did very well.
In June, I was able to get everything ordered and get daddy's headstone delivered and put down. It's beautiful but it was a real hard blow to see his name and dates in stone and to know his earthly body is buried below it.
June also brought about VBS. I directed again this year and our theme was Game On. It was sports based and a lot of fun!
We even had Tacky Night. Holden and I were the only two in our household to participate. B doesn't love dressing up.
And finally... we ended VBS on a Thursday and headed to the beach on Sunday... my happy place.
No comments:
Post a Comment