Monday, February 4, 2019

May 2018 Catch Up

Saturdays in May were for Baseball!! Here is their team picture for Spring 2018. 

Here's my #12. He has done so well this season! 

He loved his new batting gloves.


And little brother is a huge fan... and can't wait for his turn. He wears cleats wherever we will let him.


I love that these two are such good friends and teammates.


These next two pictures make me laugh for two reasons. Reason #1: Bennett's hair. The hard part hair do was cute... but looks like a comb over when it's not styled. Really. It's bad. Here is a day after school to illustrate my point. Reason #2: Bennett is police obsessed. He and EK and Holden and Elliott place police whenever they get the chance. This was once EK's Barbie car. They turned it into a Police Car. Bennett was tasked with the signage. One side went well... and one side did not! :)


We ate lots of ice cream from the local ice cream parlor.  


 

One Monday afternoon, we went with the Futches and the Slays to the Zoo. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. My favorite part was the new sea lion exhibit.








The zoo has a really neat splash zone now. This was our first time checking it out. I changed both boys and sent B out to play with the other mamas while I finished getting Holden changed and rounding up their clothes. When I got out there, B ran straight to me and was trying not to cry. Brittany said he slipped and fell and busted his head. He wasn't bleeding but he was panicked. I was a nervous wreck. He eventually warmed back up and went to play with his friends in the water.





I added this picture because it makes me smile. Being a teacher, I can sound out phonetically spelled words like a boss. I mean, it is my job. Bennett brought this home after a unit on koalas. It says, "Koalas eat eucalyptus." :)


In May, we also wrapped up yet another baseball season. Here is B with his trophy and coaches.




After Bennett's game and trophy presentation, Jonathan and I headed to Cherokee for an early anniversary celebration for Year #10. We were a month early but between kids and vacations and everything else, it was the only weekend we had free. We rented a cabin and hit the casino.




We went to do a little touristy sight seeing and found a few historic landmarks and waterfalls. 



As May was wrapping up, we went to celebrate this guy finishing up his first year of daycare in Mrs. Leslie's class. He and Wilson are best buds and I am so thankful! Aren't they the cutest!??





This also made me smile... This was a letter to Jonathan I found in Bennett's bookbag. It says, "Dear Dad, He helps me by fixing my stuff. You have a kind heart. Love, Bennett"


We also got this invitation to awards Day. We're always proud of this kid!


I love getting pictures from Leslie! I am with H at school but don't get to see him on a regular basis during classtime so her pictures give me an idea of what they are doing in their classroom. Most of the time, Wilson is in every picture. They are inseparable. 


This boy continues to love a "wittle nap!" He schedules his naps as fun parts of his day and rarely misses except on weekends. 


For Memorial Day weekend, we set up a redneck water park and enjoyed the weather. We had a pool, inflatable slide, and a slip n' slide. 



We also visited the Splash Pad for Laney's birthday party. We had to get a pic with Boo, the Citadel Bulldog. My daddy went to the Citadel so this picture made me smile. He would have loved it.


Bennett convinced me to make him, Evan, and Greyson matching shirts. So... I did. Aunt Lynn sent a pic of the three of them.


We got these gems sent home. Be still my heart. Before long, it will be a high school cap and gown. Time is flying...


On May 31st, we attended Bennett's kindergarten graduation. It was very sweet and I only cried a little.








When we got home, I made him put back on his cap and gown for a photo shoot. :) 



I couldn't forget baby brother. He had to have some pictures to document his last day of preschool K2 also!


First day picture and the last day picture....


And another... look how much they have grown in one school year!


Of course, a graduation from Kindergarten deserves a celebration... so we had a party! Our family joined us to celebrate Bennett's graduation and to officially kick off the beginning of summer vacation!





Hellooooo Summer... where are you??? We're ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment