This week has been a lot of fun and very busy. We had school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9-12 this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were a little rough for my little fella. On Wednesday, the director said they couldn't get him calmed down and he was squealing like he was in pain. She brought him to my room fearing that he was hurting. As soon as I got him, he stopped the pterodactyl squeal. I explained that the noise he was making was his way of sounded wounded to get attention. I took him back to his room and snuck out. Thursday was much better, thank goodness.
Speaking of pterodactyl squeal....he pulls that stunt on me at night when we put him in his crib. Some nights he goes down without a whimper. Sometimes, the pteradactyl squeal is full force leading me to believe he is hurting. I go in to check to make sure nothing is caught in the bars of the crib, that he hasn't somehow fallen out of the crib, etc. When I go in, he immediately stops and looks at me like, "Ha, ha... fell for it. Just wanted to make sure I still was the boss". :) I am a sucker and fall for it everytime.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett is still quite the little helper. This is how he travels from the laundry room to the den to fold clothes... in the laundry basket WITH the clothes :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett gnawing on a teething biscuit. This lasted for quite some time.
Holding his own bottle. This doesn't happen often. Mr. Lazy likes for us to hold it for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett can get around our house pretty easily in his walker. There are only two thresholds he can't get across. Here he is staring longingly into the gameroom wanting to go explore.
Notice the food on his tray... this is how he eats nowadays. He hates to be strapped into the high chair so he eats and walks at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, other parents and books say that your child may be amused by pots and pans and spoons. I decided to try it one day while cooking in the kitchen. This would have been great; however, B decides he should crawl around and stand up with the spoon in his mouth. This wouldn't normally bother me, but Jonathan pointed out that he had the LONG handle in his mouth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day. I am so grateful for my two daddies and my granddaddy. I am also grateful that Bennett has such a wonderful daddy. Jonathan is WONDERFUL with Bennett and loves our little boy like crazy. Bennett is quite crazy about his daddy too.
Here are a few pictures of my guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett loves to pull up on any and everything. He LOVES to stand at the door and watch the dogs and lick the glass. He also loves to pull out wipes and wipe down the glass door. If I could teach him to use Windex and a paper towel, we would be doing good!
Excuse the dirty door. Its baby drool on one side and dog drool on the other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett also has a new fascination with the trashcan. The other day, he had pulled the trashcan over and removed the trash bag. Hmmm. Maybe one day he will like taking out the trash. :) Here he is trying to escape with the trashbag in tow.
Here is the new location of the trashcan when B is in the walker. We used to have to do this to keep our dog out of the trash when we were gone. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Yesterday, my sister and niece and nephew came to visit. We had dinner at my mama's. Here are all the babies.
So this isn't necessarily a great picture but I loved Bennett's face. He LOVES his Uncle Abo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Well, that is all for now! This afternoon, Jonathan and I are off to a belated overnight trip for our anniversary. Only one night though... I hate being away from lovebug! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment