Wow! I am working really hard to get this stay-at-home-momma thing down pat. I am trying to find ways to make things run more smoothly and find efficient ways to do things. Just this week, I bought two weeks worth of food for homecooked meals by menu planning and shopping from the sales papers. I also took stock of what was in the freezer and pantry and was able to buy all that food for $108! The challenge is ON! Mama coupons so I am hoping to learn some tricks from her...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am LOVING being at home with Bennett, but I think it is adding to his separation anxiety. If anything, it has gotten worse. Even in the house. I don't know if it is because he is teething, or if this is our new thing, but he wants to be attached all the time. He does fine if he can't see me when someone else is holding him but if I am in close proximity, it's bad. We didn't have school this week so his routine is different and he has me all to himself. Next week, we are back to school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I think those three hours a day are good for him and give him a chance to see that I WILL BE BACK! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am CONSTANTLY cleaning my floors now that B is mobile. I am about obsessive about it since he crawls everywhere. There is nothing worse than seeing something stuck to your child's face... and have no idea what it is! Been there, done that! Just the other day, he was chewing on mulch! That's when operation clean floor was launched. Now, you can eat off the floors... literally. Just ask Bennett, he does! Speaking of eating, this child is EATING. He seems insatiable! If you remember from a past post, Mr. Independent likes to feed himself. I decided to buy some fresh fruits and veggies and spend a little time preparing them for him to feed himself. I steamed and cubed some fresh squash, sweet potatoes, peas and carrots and packaged them in 2 oz portions. Usually, he eats about 4 oz at a time! I also cubed some watermelon. It is a little time consuming BUT so easy at mealtime... and I know he is eating fresh stuff! In addition, he gets food off our plates, too. He loves grits, chicken, rice, lasagna, bread, green beans.... and a taste (or four) of chocolate ice cream :) Here is King B eating some peas and carrots. Notice his semi-nudity.... he is a messy eater!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett the Destroyer.... he LOVES to rip up paper. Here he is playing with an old magazine!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bennett has a new sleeping arrangement... and it doesn't involve our bed! That's right, B is sleeping in his crib... ALL NIGHT LONG! Wow. A few weeks ago, Jonathan and I decided to let him start crying at bedtime to put himself to sleep. This nearly caused this Momma to have a nervous breakdown. Everything in me wanted to run in and rescue him but I knew it was best for him. He normally goes down pretty well, it was staying asleep that was our problem. I have been reading books like crazy trying to find out what to do to help him. It said to continue to do what we normally do during night wakings but to gradually increase the time that it takes you to respond. The first night, I went and got him and put him in bed with us. The second night, I waited a few minutes and went to get him. By the third night, he wasn't waking up at all. I did though. I thought something was wrong!!! I needed to check to see if he was breathing and did so about four times! So far, so good. He has slept through the night all week and doesn't wake up until about 7:45! I miss my little bed partner and I am sad that this SEEMS to be the end of our bedsharing stage BUT it was what he needed at the time. I think part of me needed it too. He is growing up so fast!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tuesday, Bennett went to vote for the first time! Here he is with his sticker! What a good citizen!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so this picture is hard to decipher.... there is hardly anything to see but it is the only picture I got of Bennett's first "black eye". It's a bruise under his eye on his cheek bone... In the picture, its on the right side. Like I said, hardly noticable on the picture but really noticable when it happened! He has been pulling up on EVERYTHING! Tuesday night, he tried to pull up on the rocking chair with a toy in his hand. His hand slipped and his cheekbone caught the chair. He SCREAMED and couldn't catch his breath. IT was the same reaction as when he has shots. It started swelling immediately and he wouldn't let me put anything cold on it! He wanted to eat it instead!
Because of the several injuries Bennett has had during the few short days of independence, we invested in some corner guards. My friend, Kelley, bought some so their daughter wouldn't sustain injuries on the fireplace. I decided to buy some for our coffee table. Here is a pic of our new decorative accessory!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note.... today is our FOURTH wedding anniversary. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He is supportive, loving, caring, a great daddy to our precious baby... and just the man God created for ME! I am so blessed to be on this journey with him.
Now, a little throwback from June 14, 2008. Who would have imagined that four years later we would have the wonderful life we have. It's all I ever wanted... and so much more. Our love story has just begun...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, there is laundry to do, peas to scrape off the floor, mopping to do, bottles to wash, and a fussy, teething child to tend to (who is currently napping)....But I wouldn't want any other job! I am loving it, God is GOOD!
Until next time.....

No comments:
Post a Comment