Saturday, June 30, 2012

Meatloaf and Corn... Yummy in B's tummy!

 Our big boy hasn't met any kind of food he doesn't like. We almost skipped the baby food stage altogether because Mister Mister wanted to do everything by himself. Now, he will accept bites of things off our forks... as long as it is something on OUR plates, you know, REAL food. He is definitely a "meat-and-potatoes" kind of boy. Here he is getting his first taste of meatloaf. I LOVE his face! I like Jonathan's too. He is saying, "Yummmmm". :) He gets tastes of most of what we eat. He loves mashed potatoes, butterbeans, brown rice, and corn (more on corn later).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I LOVE this kid. Look how long he is! He is growing up so fast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cords. One of his favorite things. Here he is playing with the iPad charger and the USB cord from our printer. What am I going to do with him? If this kid puts as much effort into potty training and schoolwork as he puts into seeking out cords to play with, Look out world. This momma will have it made :)


This will probably win me a Parent of the Year award, right? At least he has his trusty dictionary by his side. Oh, and a breast pump. Yep, its still out... and NO I am not still pumping :) The reason is all psychological, really. It's the same principle as to why the cradle is still at the foot of the bed even though B has not slept in it in two months. I am having a hard time going through all these growing up stages. He is breezing through them all so fast... putting things away is a reminder of how fast he is growing up. They will be put away soon, when I am ready :) No worries, his high school friends won't have to move the Jumperoo or the breast pump out of the way to play video games... I promise :)

Trying to make his escape with his handful of cords.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have started to transition our wardrobe to Big Boy clothes. No worries, he still has jon-jons and rompers and luckily they make those up to size 2T so I am good there. Here he is in his Polo and khaki shorts. Real men wear pink :)

Notice the bib? We are cutting tooth number EIGHT! B is a drooling machine!

Playing with things he shouldn't. Imagine that! He is a curious little boy!

My handsome fella. Note the teeth marks on the bumper around the table. Someone likes to bite on it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This boy LOVES to gnaw on corn on the cob! Here he is at Matthew and Lili Kate's chowing down! Notice that he has on no clothing. He has corn in his hair... and everywhere else! :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to other news....
Today will mark the very first time I will not be in the same state as my child! Jonathan and I are headed to Atlanta to meet his family for a Braves game. When we planned this outing a few months ago, we never imagined that we would be facing record breaking temperatures! It's supposed to be 106 degrees in Atlanta. We are also missing our town's HUGE Fourth of July Festival, Bennett's first. He will be with his Grandma, Granddaddy, Aunt Tanya, Uncle Brian, Uncle Abo, and Kensie and Ashton. We are going to stick out the game as long as possible then probably head to somewhere air conditioned. I will probably have to camp out in the bathrooms or the gift shop. If you know me, you know I HATE to sweat! Rest assured, this momma will be back in the same state as baby boy my midnight tonight if not sooner. He won't be in the same house as me.... but right through the woods at Grandma's. I can sleep knowing that!

God is good. This week, I accepted a position at Learning Express as the new Lead Teacher. God has really been at work since before Bennett was born. I really felt that I wouldn't be returning to my job after Bennett was born but had no idea what God had in store for our family. I LOVE teaching. I do. But the minute I saw that sweet little face, I KNEW my job as a momma was going to be my priority. I crave time with him. Working full time didn't leave me as much time as I wanted with him. Around December, before I was to go back to work in January from maternity leave, I was praying. Hard. I actually bumped into a friend who is a teacher as Learning Express and told her that I felt that I wanted something that would allow me more time with Bennett. She spoke to the director and I emailed the director later that week expressing my interest the program. It was the only place I contacted and I figured I would just sit back and see what unfolded. The director contacted me immediately and sent me paperwork. Since it was so far ahead of teachers signing their letter of intent, she didn't know if she would have a position for this fall or not. I tearfully went back to work in January, all the while praying that God would work something out. The director and I kept in touch by email and I met with her in April. I immediately loved her. She is such a sweet lady who is so open to doing God's will. She asked what age I would be interested in teaching should she have an opening. I told her that I didn't have a preference. I felt that I was to be used however she needed me and I would fill whatever role she needed me to. That all led to the Summer Camp job that I am doing now. Just last week, she called me in to discuss the Fall. I figured a teaching position had opened up and I would be teaching a class. I had even kept all of my school stuff out at home so I could have it ready because I KNEW God was working. He was, but not in the way I thought. She explained to me that the program was being restructured. There was going to be a new position called the Lead Teacher that would be directly under her but would help the class teachers in all matters, handle discipline issues that may arise, work on curriculum development, and plan and schedule programs and events. She then told me that she wanted to offer the position to me! I cried! Even though I knew God was working and I had faith because He knew the desires of my heart, He still amazes me. I was SO grateful and in awe that the director had confidence in my leadership abilities after only seeing me in the classroom and going off of my references. I immediately accepted the position because I knew it was what God had been working out! It really reiterated to me that HIS plans are so much better than our plans if we are open to HIS will. He wants the best for us. He knows the desires of our hearts. He has a plan... and what a PERFECT plan it is! This position is still part time and a lot of it can be done at home. Bennett will still be able to go with me. I won't have a classroom but I am serving in a different capacity and will still get the chance to see all those sweet children everyday but will be leading them in a different way. God is good. I can't say it enough.

"For I know the plans I have for YOU," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11..... and what a bright future ahead for our little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment