Monday, January 21, 2013

Coffee Table-1 & Bennett-0

I am almost 28 years old and this morning, in the midst of crisis, I NEEDED my mama! Bennett and I were sitting on the couch eating Froot Loops. He turned to get down, slid down the leather couch, and hit the edge of our coffee table with his head. Our coffee table had lots of padded strips on the top edge and all corners but he hit the shelf where there is nothing but wood. As soon as he hit, I freaked. He immediately stared bleeding and crying. I grabbed a wet paper towel and through my tears I managed to dial mamas number. Luckily, she hadn't gone into work yet and came right over. After I hung up, I saw that Jonathan was calling. i answered and quickly told him what happened and that I would call him back. Mama arrived two minutes after i called her. That's when I fell apart. I have always done that. I can handle things on autopilot but when I see my mama, I become a blubbering mess... So much so that Bennett was scared of me and was then upset because I was upset! Mama told me to call the doctor and they told us to come in. Jonathan met us there. By this time, Bennett is calm but I still can't quite get myself together. The girls at the desk and the nurse were checking on me! We got to the room and luckily Dr. Ellenberg felt that Dermabond would be better than stitches. It took three of us to hold him down. It was not fun for either if us! Now, sweet boy is napping and will be getting anything he wants for the next few days I am sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment