2012 was a GREAT year for our family. Bennett grew from baby to toddler in no time!
JANUARY
January was a BIG month because I went back to work from my three month long maternity leave. It was horrible and it was then that I decided that once my contract was over, I would not be renewing! I missed this little fella something fierce and felt I was missing so much! It was definitely not a fun start to the new year!
Bennett got a Jumperoo. He spent time in it everyday! He loved to jump and play with all the toys!
We had B's 3 month pictures done! I LOVED them! Isn't he handsome?
FEBRUARY
Bennett started to teethe and loved his Sophie the Giraffe teething toy!
He also tried cereal for the first time! What a mess!
February was a big month for Mommy too! It was Bennett's first overnight trip to Grandma's! He did just fine and I only shed a tear... or twenty!
MARCH
In March, Bennett got a new cousin! My cousin Matthew and his wife welcomed their sweet baby girl, Emma Kate. Bennett and Emma slept through their very first meeting but they have made up for it since!
APRIL
Bennett had his first visit from the Easter Bunny in March, too! Here he is checking out his goodies!
Our family after church on Easter Sunday 2012
MAY
Bennett was dedicated at church and I celebrated my very first Mother's Day!
Bennett gained a little bit of freedom in his new walker! Check out those new wheels!
I ended a chapter of my life in May. I resigned my position as a second grade teacher, packed up my classroom, and looked forward to new possibilities that would allow me more time with my sweet boy!
JUNE
Bennett voted in his first election.
He became a PULLING UP MACHINE! He pulled up on any and everything!
JULY
Bennett celebrated his first July 4th celebration and cookout!
Our family went on vacation to Brevard, NC. It was Bennett's first vacation and first time out of the state!
AUGUST
Bennett's first tractor ride
SOMEONE STARTED WALKING!!!
B got new big boy pajamas!
SEPTEMBER
Our little fella became quite the little climber and began climbing on EVERYTHING!
Bennett had his very first birthday shindig! It was one to remember!
OCTOBER
My sweet baby turned ONE year old...
Jonathan and I took Bennett to the zoo to celebrate his birthday week! This will be an annual tradition.
Our sweet boy put his sweet toes in the sand for the first time ever! What a fun trip to Charleston!
He also dressed up in his first Halloween costume! Isn't he the cutest cowboy you have ever seen?
NOVEMBER
He celebrated his second Thanksgiving but actually got to eat the good stuff this year!
We took our first official family visit to the Tree Farm to cut down our Christmas tree!
DECEMBER
Bennett's first hometown Christmas Parade :)
Santa came to see Bennett! He had a wonderful Christmas!
This year was wonderful! God truly blessed us in so many ways! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for our little family!



No comments:
Post a Comment