Ahh... Christmas. My favorite time of the year! We have been busy, busy, busy this past week! We began our Christmas season the Friday before Christmas with Fifth Disease! It is a very common virus in toddlers and school age children. Bennett had what appeared to be "slapped cheeks" and had run fever earlier that week and had cold like symptoms. I text a picture to the school nurse who confirmed what I thought. I had had children at school with it and knew what it looked like; however, once the rash appears, the child is no longer contagious! On Saturday morning, my daddy came over to celebrate Christmas with us. We had a big breakfast and his Papa gave him money for his savings account because he knew Bennett would definitely not need any toys! We had a great visit!
So...later that afternoon my sisters, brothers-in-law, niece, nephew, brother, brother's girlfriend, and my parents all gathered at my Mama's house. We hung around there that afternoon and gave our parents their gift... a new 55" flat screen! They were so surprised!
Later that evening, we made our traditional trip to Mig's in Saluda. Bennett slept the whole time. This was a blessing because he hates a high chair and sitting still. When he woke up, we were already back at Mama's visiting with everyone.
The next morning, we went to church. Here is our family after church.
Sunday night, my brother and I went to see my Mama sing at her Christmas Cantata while Jonathan kept B. When we got home, we went to Mama's to open some presents. Here are Bennett, Kensie, and Ashton playing together... with a box :)
And the wild rumpus starts.... Bennett LOVED Kensie's art supplies... and her pony :)
Professor Goff
Mommy and B... I love this kid!
Twas the night before Christmas...
My family is deeply rooted in family traditions and I wouldn't have it any other way! On Christmas Eve, we went to Jonathan's family's Christmas Lunch. It was after Bennett's naptime, but he did great! We took him home for a late nap and then headed to our annual Christmas Eve Oyster Roast at the Camerons'. I have been nearly every year for the past 20 years or so! Kelley was my very first friend. Their daughter Kate is two months older than Bennett. This was the first time they had been around each other and actually were able to interact! It was so much fun! Here is our annual group picture!
We left the Camerons and headed to my Granddaddy's. Each year, all of my cousins get together for fireworks. We have done this for as long as I can remember. Bennett even enjoyed them! We headed home to get Bennett ready for bed and to put out our reindeer food and cookies and milk for Santa. We paused right before bed to take a family picture in front of our tree.
We put out Santa's cookies and milk but Bennett decided he could use a nighttime snack more than Santa!
Bennett and Santa must be real tight because Santa spoiled Bennett a lot! What actually happened was that Santa kept finding things she he forgot he bought :) Jonathan and I were SO excited for Bennett to see everything!
On Christmas morning, we had to wake B up. We went to the living room and as expected, Bennett ran right to the four-wheeler. He LOVES it!
Santa even brought me a surprise... a new diamond band! It matches my wedding band. Jonathan and I had bought each other furniture for Christmas so I definitely wasn't expecting this! I had given each present under the tree a little shake but THIS one was hidden in the tree! I am so blessed with such a sweet man who spoils us like he does! We love him and are SO grateful for him!
After we saw what Santa brought, we went to my Mama's to do Santa there and then to breakfast at my Granddaddy's. We had lunch at Jonathan's Mama's later that day. Busy, right??
Check out those "slapped cheeks"!
Bennett enjoying a chocolate chip cookie at his Gram's.
Christmas Day wore someone O.U.T. :)
On Christmas night, we headed back to my Granddaddy's for Christmas Supper. Bennett's Granddaddy found a little something for him to gnaw on. Yes, that is a TURKEY LEG!
Christmas Day was rainy and the day after was very windy so Bennett didn't have a chance to ride his four wheeler until two days later. Here he is, less than thrilled to be all bundled up, riding his four-wheeler. He loved riding it outside. Inside, he didn't have much room and became frustrated when he got "stuck". He also did NOT want to ever get off of it. We had to hide it in the laundry room so he would drink his milk and go to bed!
Santa also brought B a little table and chairs. He LOVES them. Here he is looking like a big boy!
He even got really quiet one day so I went to investigate. He was playing in his room at his table!
Footie Pajamas are my favorite thing at the moment. I love my sweetie in them. Here he is modeling them.
We had a wonderful Christmas Week full of family and friends. The gifts were great... but we remember the REAL reason for the season... a sweet baby lying in a manger, sent to save the world. What a precious gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment