Monday, January 21, 2013

No More Curly Mullett

So. I have been in complete denial about how fast my baby is growing up. I didn't put away the breast pump until he was 9 months old even though I stopped pumping when he was four months. The cradle is still at the foot of our bed. He was in an infant carrier until he was 11 months old. I only recently organized his drawers and packed up the clothes that no longer fit... And hadn't fit in quite a while. This growing up business just makes me sad! Last weekend, we went to the mall. Three times B was called a "she". Jonathan was unnerved and began pushing for a haircut. Usually, he blames these girl comments on a smocked Jon
Jon or some other boutique outfit. This time, B was wearing a blue football short with a plaid collared shirt underneath, a pair of jeans, and his Sperry's. Hmmmm. Today, on a whim and with much sadness, we said goodbye to the curly mullett and hello to a big boy haircut. He did fairly well. The scissors freaked him out a bit but a sucker and a sticker later, he was all smiles! P.s. his curls were all collected and put into his baby book and this momma didn't shed a year:)







No comments:

Post a Comment