So... this is another HEAVY picture post. It's probably because it's been so stinkin' long since I have updated... and because I take tons of pictures of baby lovebug daily :) I am way behind so bear with me!
The weather has been so nice. Here is B showing off his art skills at Grandma's with his sidewalk chalk.
My Spring Break project was to organize all of the pictures I have of B into photo albums. I average about 100 pictures a month depending on what is going on... sometimes more and sometimes less. Bennett is 18 months old so I have approximately 1800 pictures to organize. This is the start of my project! P.S. I am still not finished with this!
On April 4, Marcie and Katie hosted our First Annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun and the weather was PERFECT. I am so glad all of our babies get to grow up together! Here are Bennett and I taking a break from hunting eggs!
On April 7th, I celebrated a birthday. For those of you wondering, I turned 27...again :) He he! I had a wonderful day with my family. Here are Mama and I after my birthday lunch. We met 28... I mean 27... years ago on this date!
Celebrating my birthday with my fella.
Me and my two boys! Love them!
So... Bennett turned 18 months old on April 1st but I didn't get around to taking his pictures until the 7th. Here is my 18 month 1 week old little boy!
At 18 months, Bennett is 24 lbs and 33 inches tall. He is very strong willed but is starting to understand what we tell him which makes it easier all the way around. He isn't a picky eater but will be insatiable one day and won't touch much the next. He will repeat any noises we make. He can also repeat many words and even use his own. In the mornings, after he is ready to get up, he will say, "UP". He will give us his cup and say "Juice" when he wants more. He will dig in the refrigerator drawer and say "cheese" for a cheese stick. Bennett knows where we keep his snacks so he will go to the refrigerator and look up and point to indicate he wants something. He will nod his head or say "no no" or "nuh, uh" if he doesn't want something or to respond to a question. He will point to people we name and point to objects in his books. He knows many animal noises and motions to songs. He knows his body parts and can take his jacket off. He has one pair of shoes he can put on by himself. He knows the names of various objects around the house and will get them if we ask him to. He will put his hands together to say the blessing or his nighttime prayers. He says "thank you" without being prompted several times a day. I am constantly amazed at what he knows and how fast he learns things and how things work!
On Friday of Spring Break, Bennett started running fever and he ran it on and off all weekend. I took him to the doctor on Monday. By this time he was feeling fine but I decided to take him anyway. I am so glad I did. His ear infection from two weeks ago never cleared up and was still infected. We got a new antibiotic and a referral to the ENT. We go May 8th to see about getting tubes and having his adenoids removed. He was so stuffed up one minute and had a runny nose the next. Here he is wanting me to use his nose spray to help him breathe. Poor baby!
On Friday, we went and used some of Bennett's birthday money from Grandma and Granddaddy to buy a sandbox. It was definitely a hit!
On Saturday, we spent the day playing in the sandbox and outside. We went to Mama's to spend some time with my niece and nephew. Bennett loves them and things he is just as big as they are!
He even helped Grandma rake her flower bed and plant new flowers.
Bennett has become very fascinated with how things work and the mechanics behind them. He has always loved REAL things over toys. Here he is with his clippers "clipping" his toenails.
And here he is curling his eyelashes with Mommy's eyelash curler :)
Enjoying a popcicle on a nice spring day!
Bennett even got a new hair cut this week! He looks like such a big boy!
We even did art projects together. Here is our latest one with B's handprints.
And the FINALE... are you ready? B used his big boy potty! Each night, before he gets a bath, I put him on his potty. He always points or pulls at his diaper when he is wet so we bought him a potty. After he sat down, we started singing a song. Next thing I knew, he started tee-teeing! I started cheering... which spooked him a bit and his stood up, but hey, I was very impressed! He is growing up so fast! We aren't officially potty training just yet but we are off to a great start!
No comments:
Post a Comment