Sunday, April 28, 2013

Peas are to Carrots as Cooking Spray is to...

Do you know the answer to this analogy?? It's peas are to carrots as cooking spray is to legs. They both go together, right?? Well, this past week, they did. I had laid B down for his nap and after ten minutes, he was screaming. Highly unusual. I went to check on him and, bless him, he had his legs stuck in between the slats of his crib... Up past his knees. He was dangling his feet in a panic while his upper body is laying down in the bed. What to do??? I couldn't unwedge them. His knobby knees were stuck... And stuck good!! My first thought is to manhandle the bed and break the slats to free my frantic baby. As I am dialing my mama for advice, I spy the cooking spray on the counter. What the heck? It couldn't hurt. I sprayed B's knees and the slats and... Viola! My babe is free! He was glistening and glowing from the sweat he had worked up and the cooking oil, but, hey. Who says you have to nap in a bed anyway? A good cuddle on the couch was the perfect way to end that crazy afternoon!

That same night, we headed to town for dinner... At an actual restaurant. Restaurants or any public place make me nervous because Bennett doesn't love to sit still. Marcie called us and it sounded like such a fun trip that I didn't want to miss out! We starved him by withholding his afternoon snack so that he might be hungry enough at the restaurant to actually sit and eat. He did great!!! He sat for 45 minutes! I was impressed! After we ate, we all headed over to the park. Bennett loved playing with Emma, Evan, and Warren! The adults even had fun too! After our playtime, we headed for ice cream! It was delish but B was on the move the entire time! We had a great time with great friends! I am so glad we have such a tightly knit group of friends... And that our littles are friends, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment