Sunday, May 5, 2013

Accelerated Teether

When your kid does something way before his peers, Mommas feel so proud and we sometimes pat ourselves on the back for having a kick-ass kid. Yes, I said kick-ass. Admit it. You have had a back patting moment yourself! He he! Well, this week, my kid did something kids his age just aren't... Well, two things but we will get to that in a bit.

You need a bit of the back story. Last Wednesday, Bennett bit his friend at Ju's house. His friend had pushed him so he was provoked but I was glad he defended himself but mortified he bit him! Ju told me what happened and said thy he just wasn't himself and was whiny and clingy. The next day, he bit again... Unprovoked. He was still whiny and clingy so I called the doctor. Guess what? ANOTHER ear infection! Ugh. It did explain a lot though. When we got home, I saw something in Bennett's mouth. Upon further inspection I figured out that my sweet boy is miserable because he is cutting is two year molars... At 19 months. This is NOT a pat-myself-on-the-back moment. It would suit me just fine if he was toothless... Besides, I cant really take credit of when he gets teeth. He he! Now the teething explains the biting, nasty diapers, irritability, and the ear infection.

Another thing my kid is doing... Tee teeing in the potty! He did it again tonight! Woo hoo!

Now, on to very serious matters. If you should see us out and Bennett tells you "no no" or "stop" don't expect me to stop him... And don't judge me for not doing so! We are trying to teach B to use his words. He does, but it doesn't always sound kind or respectful. Just know he is a little fella learning to express himself using his words instead of hitting, or biting! He is using more and more words. This morning he told Jonathan, "Up! Mok!" In B language, this means "I am ready to get up and get some milk!" Bear with us as we get through this phase and he gets more and more words to use... And maybe a little nicer tone!

Now, I realize B is 19 months old and I haven't updated! It's coming, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment