Sunday, May 19, 2013

This Boy Calls Me Momma...

Whew. Finally. An update! Bennett turned 19 months old May 1st. As usual, I am a little late! :) Here is my sweet boy during his photo shoot. This is the first month I haven't had a white onesie to put his sticker on. He is a bit too big for it now! He is too big for lots of things! He has hit a growth spurt. He hasn't gained much weight but has gotten taller. His foot is growing too! We are going shoe shopping this week! 
He is becoming so much more verbal. He amazes me with what he can repeat and what he says on his own. I know I can't begin to list them all, but here are some of the words he uses: golf-cart, Rhino, dog, Duke, Momma, Daddy, up, out, go, car, truck, milk, more, tea, cheese, grits, cat, dog, please, thank you, no no, stop, night night, book, baby, juice, grits, and shoes.


He runs everywhere. He still loves to be outside. He names things... everything. He points to the truck and car and lets us know what they are. He is so funny!



Since the weather has gotten warmer, we have been spending LOTS of time outside. Here is B helping his Daddy wash his truck. He LOVES to use the hose!

When he is inside, he is ALWAYS up to something. He has learned to open the microwave by himself. Here he is putting dog food into the microwave. This boy is a mess!



On May 11th, we participated in the Mail Carrier Food Drive. Here is B doing his part by putting cans out on the mailbox!

I also celebrated my second mother's day with this sweet boy! My heart is full of love for this sweet boy who made me a Momma! I have always wanted to be a Momma... except for a brief period where I was PETRIFIED that I may completely and utterly screw up a living, breathing, perfect, child. I didn't want to chance it... he he! In January 2011, I became a Momma. At that time, B was the size of a blueberry and all I had to look at was a stick with two pink lines.... but I was a Momma. I became a Momma in my heart. Those two pink lines had me checking labels, cutting back on caffiene, resting more, not eating in restaurants with Smoking sections, microwaving lunchmeat, and popping vitamins like candy all while giving up my Tylenol popping habit. I didn't want to do anything that would potentially harm my sweet, sweet baby- and I hadn't even met him yet. Then, on October 1, 2011, I fell in love with a precious, perfect, 7 pound 5 ounce baby boy. My heart is full. There are no words. He is my whole world and I am so glad that God chose ME to be HIS Momma.

On Mother's Day afternoon, our whole family headed to the Greenville Drive game to see Abo and to spend Mother's Day with my sweet mama. It was B's first baseball game! I know it won't be his last! It was a beautiful day. Bennett was all over the place and we each took turns walking him around. Abo got us a suite so we went up to enjoy the game from there! 






Here is B enjoying the suite in his big boy chair :) We had fun just spending time together!

Please pray for us tomorrow as we go in for tubes to be put in and adenoids to be taken out! I am very nervous about my sweet boy being away from me and being put to sleep! Yikes! Prayers are appreciated! I will update you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment