Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother Nature- 1, Goff Family- 0

So... this past weekend we decided to go and try out our new camper. Those of you that know me know that I do NOT heart Mother Nature. I like the idea of nature but not really the bugs, humidity, rain, sleet, snow, extreme heat, blistering sun, animals, dirt, critters, natural disasters, etc. Jonathan loves nature and B loves to be outside so I took one for the team. We hooked up our camper and headed about 15 minutes away to the State Park to try it out. Everything camper-wise was great! Friday night, we had some friends over. B had a great time playing with Emma and Evan and the adults had a great time, too!  
Playing with his tin foil ball :)

All the babies at the table. This didn't last long!

Bennett was a trooper! His bed time was later because it required Jonathan or myself laying down with him in the bed as we didn't have his crib. Once he got to sleep, we were able to hang out together outside and enjoy the fire! Friday night, it started raining. Ugh. Camping is not fun but camping in the rain is WORSE! Saturday morning, we were up bright and early at 6:15am thanks to my 33" alarm clock. I cooked us some breakfast and we played a bit. At 10:30, Bennett wanted us all to get back in the bed. We were happy to oblige! We all went back to sleep until 1:30! We were having family over Saturday night so when we woke up from our nap, we went to the store. We had a great time visiting and eating with our families!

My sweet boy and I

Bennett trying out the rocking chair

He spent a lot of time in the windows waving at anyone and everyone that would ride or walk down the road! He was the welcoming committee!

Bennett and Daddy

Sunday morning was rainy so we packed it up quickly and headed home because MONDAY would be a busy day.

On Monday morning, Bennett had his very first surgery. He had tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. I was one nervous Momma! Coming out of anesthesia was tough for him and they let me lay in the bed with him for an hour in recovery. He has been very sleepy and groggy today but I know tomorrow will be better! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! They worked!

B and Daddy as we were heading in to The Surgery Center

On the way home- baby boy was sleeping off his meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment