Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day 2013


As usual, we have been busy, busy! It seems like time just flies right on by! This past week, Jonathan had to fly to Boston to work for a few days so it was just my sidekick and I. He has been really testing us the past few days. This has led to some time in the corner and even some spankings! Bless it! I believe the "Terrible Twos" are upon us but I am holding out hope that it is just these stinkin' molars coming in!
B eating a sucker... this was his prize from Grandma for being a brave boy during his surgery last week.

Bennett trying to pet Abby, my daddy's dog. Abby was NOT impressed with B.

On Friday, my sisters, brother in law, niece and nephew came home. We had so much fun catching up with them this weekend. My sister is pregnant with a precious baby girl and she announced that the princess has a name... Caroline Grace! Baby Caroline will be here late August! We are so excited! In order to prepare for Caroline's arrival, my other sister and I have been planning a baby shower. Late Friday night, we went to decorate. Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to go cook brunch for the shower. We had a lot of fun and seeing all the baby stuff gave me baby fever... for about 30 seconds! 

After the shower, we came back home to rest up before the annual Morris cookout. Our family always has a big shin-dig the Saturday before Memorial Day. It's always a lot of fun! Here is my precious boy and I taking a time out for a picture. He LOVED this cupcake, by the way. They were delicious!

These two were COVERED with chalk :) Ashton isn't in the pic but B LOVES Ashton (Ah) and Ashton loves him. He is so gentle and good with B... and he is only 8! It was nice to actually let Bennett play without having to constantly be watching him. Ashton played with him and took great care of him while we were in the yard!

On Monday, we had a much needed lazy day. Everyone on FaceBook was talking about getting in their pools. B and I put on our swimsuits to go try ours out. We put our feet on the top step... and that was it. It was SO cold. We tried the Slip-n-Slide but the well water was FREEZING. SO we headed down the road to the "Horse Farm". My uncle leases his pasture to a family friend who is so sweet to us! Here is my sweet, fearless boy petting this gentle giant. Gentle? Who am I kidding? I was pretty far away, using the zoom on my camera :) I do NOT heart horses. They are too big and have minds of their own! 

Bennett is becoming more verbal by the day! Just today, he wanted to drive the Rhino by himself and said "No! Me!" He is too funny! He is probably one of the only 20 month olds that has the words "tractor (tac-tah)", "golf cart (gah caht)", and "rhino (wo no)" in their vocabulary!


1 comment:

  1. Oh man. We are DEEP into the terrible twos. Yesterday, I just stopped counting the times I said no, the time-outs, and the spankings. Sheesh. I LOVE this stage and at the same time HATE this stage when I don't have my sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete