Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cwismas Wites!!!!




My boy LOVES Christmas! His excitement is definitely contagious. Jonathan and I are teaching him the REAL meaning of Christmas; but also throwing in magical traditions of childhood like Santa Claus and The Elf on the Shelf. We feel that as long as B understands that Christmas is the holiday that is Jesus' birthday, the other stuff is just secondary. We are planning to have a Birthday Party for Jesus when our nieces and nephews come into town next week!
 
Bennett's new love has been Christmas lights. He LOVES them and loves to go look at them. This past Monday afternoon, I told him we would go eat and see Christmas Lights when Daddy got home. He kept asking when we were going and I told him that we had to wait until it got dark. As soon as Jonathan pulled in the driveway, B ran to the door saying, "Cwistmas Wites!!!"
 
Last weekend, three families went to see Christmas Lights and animals at Hollywild. Bennett loved it! We rode through in the back of Justin's truck. Here is part of our group.
 
B fed the animals that walked up to the side of the truck... even the HUGE cow that I was a tad bit nervous about. He was fearless!
 
Mommy and B at the petting zoo

My sweet family
 
Bennett saying "Cheese!"
 
After our family pics a few weeks ago, we took B to see Santa Claus. He was a little nervous at first, but after getting Santa's fan remote, he was quite comfortable.

 
Our wild boy NEVER slows down and is constantly keeping me on our toes. Thursday, as he was seeing Jonathan off to go hunting, he turned around and tripped on his Lion Leash's tail. He fell... into the coffee table... again. As soon as I heard the thud, I KNEW what had happened. It's a distinct sound. When I got him up, I saw blood. He was screaming so I called Jonathan to come home immediately. Jonathan came home and called the doctor's office. They told us to bring him in. Luckily, they were able to glue it all back together. Bless it. Here he is taking a nap on the way to get glued back together... for the SECOND time this year!

 
On Saturday morning, it was pouring down rain. I had bought a gingerbread house for us to put together and a rainy day was the perfect time! B wanted to eat the candy instead of putting it on the house. Here are B and his daddy working hard on our masterpiece.
 
Showing Mommy the candy... before eating it!
 

Our finished product
 
Bennett has several new phrases that he uses and it's quite funny... here are just a few.

*The other night, I asked him if he was ready for bed. His response? "Not yet! Not ready yet!"
 
*If he can't find someone or something, he will ask, "Where _______go?" Just yesterday morning, he woke up asking, "Where Bo Jingles go?"... which quickly had me making a mad dash to move our elf!
 
*READY!!!! This is what he says when the timer goes off in the kitchen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment