Monday, June 2, 2014

Don't Blink!

Wow! Time is FLYING by. My baby boy is growing so quickly! There is never a dull moment with this boy.
 
He is on a roll and learning so many new things! Just this past weekend, he learned to ride a big boy bike with training wheels! :)
 
Here he is taking a snack break on our back porch. This swing was a project my uncle started for me before he went to be with Jesus. He stripped all the paint off so I could stain it. I haven't gotten around to my part yet but I LOVE this "gift" from him!

 
This past Sunday, our family and extended family gathered poolside for the first time this summer! Here are the "babies" enjoying snack time. We had a blast. Emma and Elliott swam like little fish. Bennett wasn't too impressed and wanted to ride his four wheeler instead. He wasn't a fan of wet clothes... and wasn't sure why it was okay to have wet pants in the pool but it wasn't okay to pee in them and make them wet. To him, wet is wet and he didn't like it!

 
Since he was less than enthusiastic about our pool at home, I was a bit worried about today's first swimming lesson. He really surprised me! I stayed on Morgan's deck while he was downstairs with her. He actually got in and down to the second step and even put on the puddle jumper. Believe me... compared to yesterday... this is a BIG step. She did great with him. He didn't want to leave! Maybe by the end of the week, he will be fully wet! :)



 
A few weeks ago, Jonathan bought me a Mommy and Me picture session as part of my Mother's Day present. I got the CD last week. I LOVE these pics with my sweet boy! Here are just a few!




 
In other news.... SOMETHING EXCITING HAPPENED!
 
We were witness to another example of God's PERFECT timing. One of my best friends and her husband have been waiting to adopt a baby for over a year. On Tuesday, they welcomed baby Laney into the world. I cried and cried when I heard of God's grace and provision for this precious family. He is good. In their waiting, they have clung to HIM and they are really an example of waiting on God's will and timing. I could not be more excited for them and I am so happy that another baby has been added to our "family!" Baby Laney is perfect... and tiny! I can't wait to see how God is going to work in her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment