Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer Is On the Way!

TECHNICALLY, Summer isn't for another few weeks BUT with the weather we have been having and the fact that I am out of school--it's hard to feel like it's not summer already. The calendar is just a technicality! We have jumped in to summer head first!

Summer means time on the lake! Bennett has already been on a boat ride! I am hoping to do lots of boatriding this summer!

Summer means lazy mornings. We have had MANY lazy mornings. I caught this sweet moment and my heart melted. I am so thankful that they will always have each other!

Summer means we play outside. Heck, we play outside YEAR round! This boy loves to be outside no matter the weather! The other day, I had to explain to him that hooking the dogs up with a "benji" cord (his words, not mine) and hooking them up to the Power Wheels 4-wheeler was NOT a good idea. He settled for walking them instead. Tyson was really not interested. Sophie, however, was all about being shown some attention from Bennett. He normally puts her in the pen because, let's face it, she is the world's most annoying dog! She was more than happy to be led around on a bungee cord leash for awhile. :) Tyson was happy for the break!

Summer means playtime at the park! He loves any park we go to!

This is what Holden did during our playtime at the park!

This week we pulled out the play mat! Here is baby lovebug hanging out while B and I colored.

This weekend, we experienced another first... the RODEO! Bennett has been before but this was Holden's first trip!

Family pic

Summer means lazy days by the pool! Our pool is open for the season! It was a little chilly but Bennett didn't care! I was surprised that he was as excited as he was! 

Mommy and Holden--boy, this pic just prompted me to make a hair appointment!

Summertime means BUG bites! Bugs love to bite my B-- probably because he is so sweet! 

Summertime means afternoon rain showers. Bennett loves to use his umbrella. Check out this outfit! Also check out the annoying dog that dropped the rock at Bennett's feet and barked and pounced at said rock until he acknowledged her... and threw the rock outside of her zone.

Look at this bright eyed boy! He has changed so much! He is in his baby sling helping me cook dinner after a particularly fussy day!

My heart! I love these two with my whole heart!

The past few days, Bennett has wanted his daddy to take him to school. He wanted to get there early and eat breakfast at his school! Go figure! This means he gets up at 6:45am. I get daily texts about noon that he has fallen asleep at school. Yesterday, he fell back to sleep in the car on the way home from school and even when we got home. Holden took a little nap too. 

PRECIOUSNESS! You can't really tell BUT his hair is growing back! This boy had a doctor's visit this week for a runny eye. We got some ointment and we were told that if it wasn't better, we may be headed to the opthamologist for a possible scratched cornea! Yikes! While we were there, we found out big boy weighs 11 lbs 4 oz! Wow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment