Friday, July 3, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Bennett is constantly talking. He he. Since he is constantly talking, hilarious things pour from his mouth. Here are some things he's said lately...

*He loves his baby brother. He told me "I'm all about some baby Holden!


*He calls the remote a "commote".


*His new words are "awesome", "goodness gracious", and "wonderful".


*He says Holden is his "best bud in the whole wide world that I ever did see."


*When we were going for a four-wheeler ride, he told me to "put it in neutral" so he could crank it. 


*He loves cherries-- but only with "Stebs" aka stems.


*One day, he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, so I did the typical "count to three" to give him a chance to correct himself. 

Me: "1... 2..." 
Bennett: "Buckle my shoe!"

*Since he is getting older, we had the "people other than mommy and daddy shouldn't see or touch any place your bathing suit covers" talk-- just to be safe. One day in Hobby Lobby, he was not listening so I spanked him. What does he decide to yell out??? "You aren't supposed to touch people's hineys!!"


*He calls gnats "rats".


*My breast pump has a new, yet fitting name... a milk machine.


*One evening when we were walking around to see the topiaries, we passed a man with a crossbody bag. Bennett asked why he was carrying a pocketbook! Luckily, he waiting until after the man had passed.


*Instead of 'smell it', he pronounces it 'spell it'.


*He says, "Oh my world!!"


*I picked him up from school one day and asked him what he ate for lunch. He told me he ate a "joey sandwich." After further conversation, I figured out he ate a sloppy joe.


*He told me he wanted a "bony sandwich" for supper one night when I asked him what he wanted. I thought he was just being funny but he got super upset when I gave him macaroni. He repeated that he wanted a "bony sandwich". He meant a "bologna sandwich". We don't even own or buy bologna. Apparently, he ate one at school and was super impressed.


*We were swimming in the pool one afternoon and he told me the tums were burning his eyes. He meant the chlorine tablets we put in the pool.


*One night, he was in our bed and we were all talking before going to sleep. He randomly says, "Fish sticks are made out of fish!"


*A survey was circulating on FaceBook so I asked B the questions. His answers were pretty funny.

WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. 
Name: Bennett, age 3.5
1. What is something mom always says to you?  "I love you."

2. What makes mom happy? "When I say nice things."

3. What makes mom sad? "When I make bad choices."

4. How does your mom make you laugh? "I don't know."

5. What was your mom like as a child? "White"

6. How old is your mom? "3"

7. How tall is your mom? "You are as big as me when I get big."

8. What is her favorite thing to do? "Play with me."

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "Pull this string." (points to the ones on the blinds that make them go up and down)

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "I don't know."

11. What is your mom really good at? "Frisbees"

12. What is your mom not very good at? "Basketball"

13. What does your mom do for a job? "To work."

14.What is your mom's favorite food? "Popsicles."

15.What makes you proud of your mom? "Because you make good choices."

16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? "A bony-sandwich."

17. What do you and your mom do together? "Dance."

18. How are you and your mom the same? "I don't know."

19. How are you and your mom different? "I'm different and you are the same."

20. How do you know your mom loves you? "You tell me."

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? "You like to love on him."

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "To a restaurant"

23. How old was your Mom when you were born? "I don't know."


No comments:

Post a Comment