Last Sunday, we hooked up the camper and headed out at 8am for the beach. We went with my parents and met my sister and her family at Ocean Lakes. The trip for us took about 6 hours. We stopped for lunch, to potty, to feed Holden, and at a WalMart for a few last minute things. It wasn't a bad trip at all. Holden watched the DVD player when he wasn't sleeping and that made the ride much more bearable. Bennett rode with Jonathan and then switched it up to ride with us some too! We got to the campground and got the camper set up. Bennett loved riding his bike around!
My mama hung out with Holden while I finished getting the inside stuff set up.
Sweet boy! He has the relaxation thing down-pat! He knows how to vacation!
After supper, we decided to take a night trip to the beach. I couldn't wait to stick Holden's toes in the sand for the first time!
Trust me-- I was WAY more excited about this than I should have been! He didn't object though. It must have reminded him of the times Bennett made me put Holden's feet in the sand in the sandbox!
Bennett put his swimsuit on for the occasion! This boy LOVES the beach like his Momma!
Testing the water-- H was NOT a fan of the chilly ocean water!
Look at this face!!! What's that? You see something on his arm?? Ohhhh. Yeah. About that. It's a tattoo. Not just any tattoo... a large Ninja Turtle tattoo. Classy, right??
After a bit of time on the beach, we headed back to the camper for bathtime. This was our first time in our new camper so Bennett was THRILLED to be able to sleep in his bunkbed. He climbed right up and went to sleep all by himself. About 10:45pm, the air conditioner stopped after the breaker tripped. Hmmm. The plug had blown! I went in to complete panic mode. I had to sleeping babies and it was HOT. We had to have air. THANKFULLY, my hubby, dad, and Brother in law got it fixed up. Whew. I nearly had a melt-down. Really.
After a good night's sleep from all of us, we got up, ate a HUGE breakfast and packed up our caravan to head to the beach. We had a golf-cart, hooked to a wagon full of chairs, bouncy seats, baby tents, umbrellas, and sand toys, hooked to a hand-truck loaded with the cooler. Yeah- redneck! It worked though. People were looking and smiling. I'm glad we could entertain.
Bennett had a BLAST at the beach. Here he is with his daddy jumping the waves.
I love these two!
My heart!
Sweet baby boy snuggled up with my cover-up and went right to sleep. I think the ocean sounds like his sound machine he sleeps with every night!
After several hours at the beach, we headed back to eat some supper! Yummy!
Bennett had a blast with Kensie and Ashton!
The next day was much of the same. Here is Kensie pulling Bennett in the wagon before we headed to the beach.
My babies
Bennett and I taking a selfie before heading to eat at Crabby Mikes. It was an all you can eat seafood buffet. Let's just say-- YUM!
Right after we finished eating, Jonathan starting feeling yucky. We headed back to the camper and he went right to bed. I was super worried he had a bug. Thankfully, he didn't and was good to go after a good night's rest.
While he slept, we took a nighttime golf cart cruise with grandma and granddaddy.
Granddaddy and Baby Holden.
On Wednesday, we decided to take the boys to town. I wanted to get Bennett a hermit crab. He had no idea what a hermit crab even was BUT, I remembered always getting one at the beach and wanted to get him one. Here are my boys before heading out!
We rode the strip and rode around before going to the store. Once we got there, B picked out his crab, cage, and sponge. He was SO proud. He named it "Rover". He and my dad had a conversation on the golf cart the night before about the names of our dogs. He asked Bennett if our dog's name was "Rover." lol. It apparently made quite the impression. When we asked B what he was going to name his crab, he responded, "Rubber!" I said, "Rubber? Where did that come from?" He said, "It's what GeeGee said last night!" I said, "Oh! you mean ROVER!" He said, "Yep, Rover."
Look at those pretty blue eyes, would you?!
Wednesday afternoon, we headed to the arcade. I'm not sure who had more fun! If you look carefully at the next picture, you see Bennett pushing Jonathan's had away. LOL!
A little family selfie after the arcade. Holden kind of made the shot!
After cashing out the 65 tickets for some slime and a sticker, we headed to the beach.
Our first beach trip as a family of four was a success! We all had a great time and made a ton of memories.
On Friday, Jonathan was off so I headed out to get a pedicure and spend a few hours "re-energizing". When I got back, we headed out to the pool. Here is Holden in the pool for the first time. He hated it at first but then LOVED it.
On Saturday, Jonathan, my brother and some friends headed to Atlanta for the Braves game. It was Jonathan's birthday present from me and the boys. He left about 10 am so the boys and I headed out to meet GaGa, GeeGee and Ashton at the Fun Factory.
This was the first time we had been to this arcade and we all had fun and all played games! It's safe to say Bennett loves a good arcade game. We will have to keep Vegas a secret!
This picture was taken after church on Sunday. I love these two more than anything in this world! I am so thankful to be their momma!
No comments:
Post a Comment