Ouch. Just ouch. Four? FOUR??? Four year old kids are big kids, not babies. Four year old kids learn their letters and write and count. Four year old kids are on the cusp of kindergarten and reading and BIG boy things. Sighhh. Each year, I look back and just can't believe that another 365 days have come and gone-- each year faster than the one before it. He has grown in so many ways and I swear I love that kid more and more every. single. day. I am so proud of him-- even in the little things.
This. This is one thing that makes me so proud and my heart smile. He has become the best big brother. He can make Holden smile the biggest and squeal the loudest. Holden thinks everything B does is HILARIOUS :) I love seeing them together!
The night before his birthday, I took a picture before bedtime prayers. He went to bed a THREE year old...
.... and he woke up FOUR years old! We started the day with four year old hair before school. We sent mini muffins to school to celebrate his big day with his class.
Thursday night, we celebrated with our annual birthday supper and gifts with family. Bennett chose Las Cas as his birthday supper... so off we went.
Baby brother joined us for the celebration.
Bennett and Gram at supper.
My boys
A little family selfie
They sang to Bennett and let him wear the sombrero. They also put whipped cream on his face.... which he did not love!
After supper, we headed home for cake and gifts. I let him pick out his cake... this is what he chose!
For his birthday, his Papa G fixed my old go-cart for B. He has been asking Papa G to fix this thing for FOREVER. He was super shy about it at first since all eyes were on him but since October 1, we have put many miles on it :)
Ever since summertime, all Jonathan and I have heard about was an "'lectric scooter". My nephew has one and I have seen that thing scoot so... I was a bit reluctant. Jonathan and I did our research and found one he could handle. He has done so well learning to ride it!
After everyone went home, we headed to the bathtub and then to bed for prayers. We took a picture, too... to commemorate the fourth anniversary of the first time we met this sweet boy.
So much as changed in four years... I am so thankful to be the one he calls momma and I am so thankful for the relationship we have.
As per tradition, I went into his room at 9:47pm, the exact time he was born and snapped this picture. What a blessing he is...and how he has changed my life.
Turning four is HARD work-- for his momma anyway. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment