Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of K4


The day I have dreaded since his birth came too quickly. Honestly, I was mourning. Big school meant big boy and I wasn't ready. I was nervous for him, scared for him... but so excited too. I prayed over and over that he would be relaxed and excited and that he would love his teachers and school and his friends. I prayed for protection for him physically and spiritually but emotionally as well. New experiences are scary... and letting him go without me is scary too. 

He  hopped right up and was so excited to get his day started. We started the morning breakfast in bed-- grits and PawPatrol. Look at this smile!

Then he put on his new school clothes and was super excited about his new shoes. This was the most exciting thing about starting K4, according to him... Under Armour shoes. He posed sweetly to make me happy. :)

Here he is right outside the door at school waiting to go in... with his new bookbag, of course. He was thrilled about this, too.

He is usually pretty timid and shy in new situations. Had he been upset and clingy, I would have had to fight the urge hard not to bring him back home! Luckily, he assessed the situation and was happy to hang up his book bag, take a few more pictures and play with his friends. Here he is with his precious teacher.
And... the obligatory pic with Mommy and Daddy. 
Mommy wasn't quite ready to leave... but he was ready to play.
My friend Linsey took this and sent it to me. It did my heart good to see him so happy!
Mrs. Leslie sent me this pic she too of him and Chase. So many day care kids are together this year and that makes the transition easier for B... and mommy too.







No comments:

Post a Comment