So... One day, Bennett and I were on the couch and he looks up at me kind of panicked. I asked him what was wrong and he said his tooth was loose. I didn't believe him at first... I mean, he is four! Well, sure enough, his bottom tooth was loose. Being as OCD as I am, I wanted to be prepared. We searched and searched for the perfect tooth pillow and couldn't find exactly what he wanted. So, I let him pick some fabric and I custom made him one. Baseballs and lizards... not my first choice but he was thrilled with his creation so I was too. I also ordered a book and made fairy money with some spray glitter for when the time came.
A few days later and this thing was purple around the tooth and dangling when he pulled back with his tongue. I was pretty grossed out and worried he would swallow it in the middle of the night while grinding his teeth or while he was eating.
I needn't have worried. One Saturday night, August 14, we were eating pizza and he was drinking chocolate milk. Eating had become drama because he was worried about his tooth coming out. While drinking his milk, his tooth came out on his tongue! No blood since it was so loose and NO DRAMA or tears. Whew. I was really worried. Blood freaks him out and makes him pasty. He was too excited and decided he wanted to keep it. He wrote the tooth fairy to let her know about his wishes.
That night, he put his tooth in his tooth pillow along with the note... and received some dough from the tooth fairy. I hear that $10 is the rate for the first one but not the others. Whew. Inflation is crazy :)
He is still as cute as a button--- but with Meet the Teacher night behind us and school starting... that's a lot of change for this momma's heart to take!







No comments:
Post a Comment