August found us winding down the lazy days of summer and gearing up for big things. We decided to go on a secret destination trip... to Chuck E. Cheese. We love this place.
After leaving Chuck E. Cheese, we headed to meet Abo for lunch. He took us to the airport. We sat outside and ate while we watched the airplanes. It was a lot of fun for all of us.
This kid also started a new adventure. After being home with mommy for two and a half years, he started morning preschool! It was an adjustment, but he adjusted pretty quickly!
And again... the ice cream shop. I have no words... or excuses. The Cappucino Crunch is just so dang good!
We spent lazy Saturdays together.
And we found more rocks!
We went to the splash pad and had picnics.
We went riding four wheelers through the woods.
Oh mercy... guess where we are. That's right! That dang ice cream shop!
We went to the crystal clear waters of Mexico where we went swimming and kayaking and snorkeling. Nah, just kidding. We staycationed at our pool!
And then... summer was over. This picture was taken at Bennett's meet the teacher night for KINDERGARTEN! How did that happen?? His kindergarten teacher was my kindergarten teacher.
After Meet the Teacher Night, we went to meet up with our church family to go skating. Bennett was a natural. Holden even got in on the fun.
The night before kindergarten was very emotional for me. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Kindergarten... oh my mercy.
Holden gets a sign too, even though his first day was officially earlier in August. His first class day needed photo documentation.
He will have his picture made every year until he graduates in this shirt. (Insert tears here).
It was a family affair to take him to school. He did great. Me??? Not so much.
Day 2 was a good one, too. I love that he loves school and is eager to go!
I got this from Holden's teacher. He loves it!
The first few days of school wore him slam out!
August means the beginning of highschool football season. We love a Friday night at Wilson Campbell.
We also had a morning date at Paint and Pour. We didn't do any "pouring" but we did paint this fancy truck. It really is a test of my OCD but we survived and memories were made. That's all that matters anyway!
We attempted potty training again... but it was a no-go.
The boys really grew their friendship over the summer. Holden is older and "plays" with Bennett. They can actually communicate and B started to see him as more of a friend than a baby.
We also got to experience another first... a total solar eclipse. School was out for this event. I made shirts to commemorate the occasion. We headed out to the lake with cousins... for fun and snacks.
I got another picture of these two at school having fun outside!
We spent warm afternoons with cousins. They are old enough to go back and forth now... and Holden is now included! I love that they have each other! I have such sweet memories of growing up with cousins, too!
We made our weekly trips to WalMart. They found these to model for a picture. I didn't think about the potential for contracting lice until afterwards...
Elliott celebrated a birthday so we went to join the fun at his pirate party!
Bennett completed his first independent school assignment. I was so proud because I could sound it all out! :) He labeled "head" and "belly". He He!
No comments:
Post a Comment