Wednesday, April 11, 2018

September Catch Up 2017

Ahhh. Fall. I always hate to say goodbye to summer but once the blazing hot days are over, I settle in quite comfortably to fall. Each year we go apple picking and this year was no different. We went up to Sky Top Orchards in Hendersonville. We all really enjoyed it. We stopped in at the Apple Festival. We had heard a lot about it. Ummm. Never again. It was so crowded and it wasn't all that fun so we didn't stay long. We headed to the orchard to ride the tractor, pick some apples, and get our fill of the Apple Cider Doughnuts!


























Some evenings were still warm enough for Pontoon Picnics for supper so we had a few of those.






We spend fun weekends with cousins at GaGa and GeeGee's.



And we took selfies when we had to eat by candle light because the power went out thanks to the Hurricane!



The day after the storm, the boys helped clean up the yard!



Then they rested after their hard work. I love how much they love each other. The snuggles don't last too long before they are arguing or fighting so I enjoy them while they last!



These two are something else. Bennett is usually the creative director. One Sunday afternoon I was getting their supper ready. He puts the picnic table in the yard sweeper and requests I serve them their supper in there. Bless. Never a dull moment.



Mornings are tough. They always start the mornings before school with snuggles.



Jonathan went on a work trip with Justin so Marcie and I took these wild things out to eat.



Yeah... um.... well... after the other 334 pictures of the ice cream shop, it's no secret where we are... and why we are there. 



While Daddy is away, the boys sleep with Mommy. I'm not exactly sure where my spot was.



We geared up for fall baseball. Bennett played for his third season. Holden wasn't quite old enough but loved to go practice with us. Thankfully he got his daddy and uncle's athletic ability and not his mama's.





The end of September was a rough one for B. He dropped a very heavy cargo rack from my car onto his toe. It was horrible. Here is Dr. Goff taking care of our patient.



A little Sunday Sweetness at Las Cas.



September 2017 marked another first... Holden's first visit to the dentist! He did GREAT. I was shocked. He climbed right on up without any hesitation. No cavities for this kid!



Bennett got a clean bill of dental health, too! He even had his first x-rays.



We went to school to celebrate our birthday boy and eat lunch with him.

We also celebrated my daddy's birthday on September 29th. We had no idea it would be our last one with him. We went to eat at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and to Bennett's ball game afterwards. I am so thankful for pictures!



Bennett's first game was a success. It is always fun to see how much they improve season to season. Holden was an excellent motivator :)



We celebrated Bennett's 6th birthday a little early with a party with all of his friends. This was one of my favorite parties! It was a Glow Party and so much fun!




















In typical mommy fashion, I snuck in to his room to take a picture of him as his last night as a five year old. My heart hurts and smiles at the same time!


No comments:

Post a Comment