We started October with a bang! Our big boy turned 6 whole years old on the 1st. Since his birthday was on a Sunday, we moved the party up to Granddaddy's for Sunday lunch. We celebrated with family and had a great day.
This boy loved his gift... a new to him dirt bike. He was pretty nervous, and so was his mommy. A few days after we got it, we got him training wheels just for peace of mind for me and him!
During football season, these two cheered on the Tigers. Sometimes B cheered on the Gamecocks depending on which friend he happened to be with. Holden, however, is a diehard Tiger fan. He tells his GeeGee, "Gooo Tigas. Boo Gamecocks. Tigas win and Gamecocks woose."
The boy transitioned into school so beautifully. Here are a few pictures from his teacher.
We celebrated Big Big's 87th birthday. What a blessing he is to us!
Please check out my two well dressed cuties!
Gram sent me a "selfie" she took at school. She takes Holden to Bennett's school and they all eat Subway for lunch. The boys love Gram's Fridays off.
This kid helped bake a few Halloween cookies.
Our Sunday School class took a trip to Hickory Hills for one of their Family Farm Fun nights. We got to take a tour of the dairy, eat some yummy food, go through the corn maze and ride on a hay ride. It was a lot of fun for the big people and the little people.
One of my former second grade babies invited me to her Senior Night at her volleyball game. I can't believe my first class of second graders is graduating. This little cutie wanted to tag along for his first volleyball game. He loved it!
Big Brother made great strides in reading and writing very early on in kindergarten. He writes and illustrates a book each week. This page in particular was so true and it made me smile. "I like to go to Migs." :)
Football Fridays are spent at Wilson Campbell Stadium cheering on the Wildcats. These boys love the atmosphere at a football game. I can't say I blame them.
This year we played Fall Baseball. B was on the Thunder team. It's been so fun to see him progress from season to season. Baby Brother seems to have gotten bitten by the baseball bug too. He is obsessed!
After the ballgame, we headed to Stewart Farms to pick a few pumpkins. I love a pumpkin patch and so do my babies. Traditions are super important to me and I love to share them with the boys and make new memories together.
Daddy and B went hunting a few times.
And Big Big continued to be a constant fixture in our daily lives.
The boys had their fall pictures taken by Nana. Aren't they so good??? I love them!
Bennett's Kindergarten Class went on a Field Trip to May Lan Orchard to the Pumpkin Patch.
Part of the joy of my part-time teaching gig is that I get to be a mommy, too. I don't have to miss much at all with either of my babies. I got to go to Bennett's Fall Party at school. They had inflatables and popcicles. It was fun watching him interact with all of his buddies.
2017 was also the first year we went Halloween Camping at the State Park. We are all hooked and our spot is booked for 2018! The boys loved decorating our campsite and seeing everyone else's decorations.
Of course we had to go check out the geocaches!
Bennett carved his very own pumpkin this year. It was the one he picked out on his field trip to the Pumpkin Patch with school. He was very proud of himself. So was I!
On Friday night before the trick or treating on Saturday, they have a marshmallow roast on the point. This was a lot of fun.
On Saturday night, we invited the Turners and all the grandparents over to the camper for supper and trick or treating. It was a lot of fun... and a new tradition.
Holden loved passing out the candy.
On Halloween, the boys dressed in their pumpkin shirts for the day. I am not sure how much longer B will let me make these.
On Halloween afternoon, we practiced our pirate make up for the big night!
These two love dressing up!
We headed to the Fall Festival at mama's church and met up with EK and Elliott.
Selfies on the hay ride... look at those lips!


No comments:
Post a Comment