Wednesday, May 8, 2019

September 2018 Catch Up

We kicked off September 2018 with a trip to the Apple Orchard in the Mountains. We also realized that Holden had never stayed in a hotel and Bennett had only stayed in one twice so we decided to add a hotel stay to our North Carolina apple picking adventure. The boys were in awe of the hotel. Since we usually vacation in our camper, this was something different and fun!

Hotel room family selfie before supper at Copper River


They especially loved swimming at night in the indoor pool. 


The morning after our hotel stay, we headed to the mountains for some apple picking. Last year we went to the Apple Festival and to Granddad's Orchard. It was SUPER crowded so we opted for a different venue. We tried out Stepp's and and it was perfect.




Daddy got a serious workout because he was tall and the apples were way up high.


The boys (all of them) loved this apple cannon! It shot apples at targets.



To be a fall mountain trip, it was hot. Bennett found him some shade!



We also got to see this kid play a little ball in September. He "watched" B play his first game when he was 2 weeks old so he has been waiting very patiently for his turn. Isn't he the cutest? We love our little ball player and he loves the game, for sure! 







Iron Pigs 2018

Our other athlete tried something a little different for Fall. He played soccer for the first time and absolutely loved it. He has a natural talent and ability for the game- we just have to reign in his trash talking and constant verbal score keeping. Bless.... we had to do a lot of juggling on Saturday mornings as both boys had games! We made it work and enjoyed watching both of them.




Our chickens continued to grow... well, some of them did. We started with 6 and then I got a call from Jonathan one Wednesday night while we were at church. When I was feeding them, I forgot to shut the coop. Two stayed in and four got out. The dogs killed two instantly, Jonathan had to kill a third mangled one and one went missing. Bennett was devestated. He was worried about the lost chicken. We got home and sat on the couch and said a prayer that it would come home. Lo and behold, I kid you not, as soon as we said "Amen" and I got up, the lost chicken came walking through the yard!!! We were back to three... Bennett made me print this pic to put in his room after the Great Chicken Massacre of 2018.


Holden had his first school project entitled "When I Grow Up" Isn't it the cutest??  He didn't really care to have any part in it but did agree to color his hands and pants.


We enjoyed soaking up the last bit of summer on the pontoon in the evenings.


Holden worked on his fine motor cutting skills... and continued to love school and all his "fends"... and Mrs. Hummah. He got to go on the playground with my class. I was worried about how he would adjust being with me sometimes and seeing me. I shouldn't have worried, he did great!


Fall brought about some new shows for us to watch and the boys and I got hooked on "Kids Baking Championship." They asked if they could bake in the kitchen with very little help from me like the kids on TV. Sure, why not? Holden made some delicious break and bake chocolate chip cookies. See how little I helped? Check out that alignment! (I may or may not have "helped" later and spread them out.)

Bennett decided to create some fantastic fun-fetti cupcakes with blue icing. He was so excited to cook by himself.


Ready for the oven!


H decided to supervise B while his cookies were baking. Bennett even let Holden help.


Holden's cookies turned out perfectly. I even managed to get an action shot of the exact moment he tilted the plate to show the camera and slide off into the floor. A little dirt won't hurt. We observed the 5 second rule.


Bennetts cupcakes came out of the oven and were ready to cool for decorating.



We also enjoyed our fair share of afterschool ice cream parlor dates.


and someone went to sleep on September 30th on his last night as a 6 year old....


No comments:

Post a Comment