I have been a Momma for 76 days, or 2 months 15 days, or 1,824 hours, or 109,440 minutes. Since day 1, my life has changed in so many ways.... more than I ever could have imagined. Here are just a few things that have changed...
*Bodily fluids no longer bother me (as long as they belong to my child). I can change a dirty diaper and get spit up on and not even flinch... or gag.
*Time is flying by. I have been out of work since September 24. I don't go back until January 9. It seems like a long time but as they say, time flies when you are having fun! These past 76 days have flown! I dread going back to work and leaving my sweet boy. Since he has been born, I have been away from him for a grand total of 15 hours. I don't want to be anywhere else!
*The nativity, crucifixion, and resurrection has taken on a whole new meaning- I look at our nativity scene and think about that sweet baby lying in a manger. Then I think about that baby's heavenly father and that He loved ME, a wretched sinner, enough to send this precious baby to die for me! Wow. I don't think I ever really thought of it that way. I had always recited John 3:16 but didn't consider what it meant that "He sent his only begotten Son..." It makes me think of a beautiful song... "How great the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure. That he would send His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure." Really makes you think, doesn't it?
*My little one is completely dependent on me for everything. This is self-explanatory but a daunting thought nonetheless.
*The magic of Christmas is amplified this year! I know he is so little and has no idea about the real story of Christmas or even the excitement of Santa Claus... but soon he will. This year will be fun for us, even if he doesn't know what is going on! I remember lying awake on Christmas Eve with my brother, too excited to sleep. We would spend nights baking Christmas goodies with Mama. We would fight over who got to move the Christmas mouse on the Christmas countdown calendar... only to finally decide one got evens and one got odds. I can't wait to start our traditions with Bennett. Two that I can't wait for are Elf on the Shelf and a trip to North Carolina for the Polar Express. Ha ha!
*St. Jude's commercials TEAR. ME. UP! Wow! I thank God everyday for this healthy baby and it makes me even more sad for the babies and kids that aren't.
*I no longer get upset when we are out to eat and I hear babies crying. I used to think, "Won't somebody calm that kid down?" Now, I sympathize with said parent because on more than one occasion, Jonathan has taken Bennett out to the car. That being said, we have only been out four times with him to eat. Ha ha. He is currently 1 for 4 of being able to stay at a restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment