Friday, December 9, 2011

Who knew???

As you know, B has been battling reflux for awhile. At the first of November, we went to see Dr. Hughes who prescribed Zantac. The dosage is based on weight... and our little lovebug has gained a bit since that visit a month ago resulting in a decrease in effectiveness. At our weight check, Bennett weighed 12 lbs. 13 oz! WOW! We were able to increase his medication in hopes of helping! We also have found another treatment...a surprising one to say the least. Wednesday, I went to see Dr. Owings. He was asking about B and I was telling him about the reflux and colic. He asked me if we had been to a chiropractor. "WHAT?" A chiropractor? What did an adjustment have to do with my infant child? Apparently, a lot. When I got home, I googled the effects of chiropractic care and reflux/colic. Wow! There is some truth to it! Who knew? My mama sees Dr. Knecht regularly so she gave him a call and set us up with him. Our appointment was Thursday morning at 10:00. Bennett was so relaxed during his adjustment... and after. He didn't even whimper for about 5 hours! This is TOTALLY different from our normal day. Hmmm. Full effects won't be known until after a few sessions... so we will see. He was pretty fussy this evening BUT he actually napped for longer than thirty minutes at a time. I am HOPING this brings our boy some relief! Whew! I will keep you posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, Bennett's Grandma, my mama, is officially a nurse! She was pinned at a ceremony on Thursday night! It has been her lifelong dream to be a nurse and this dream has always been put on hold while she raised my brother and I and worked to provide for us! I am SO proud of her for pursuing her dream! Pics to come soon...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For now, enjoy some pics of Bennett enjoying his tummy time. During this session, he actually put his head down and went to sleep :)




No comments:

Post a Comment