Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This is the life...

Have you ever just sat back and looked at your life as an outsider? Saturday, Jonathan was in Charlotte at the ACC Championship game (Go Tigers!). I stayed at home with our little lovebug because I couldn't bear the thought of having him so far away or leaving him overnight. Definitely not ready for all of that yet! On Saturday, I was watching Bennett sleep and just thought "Ah... life is good!" I even text Jonathan that exact sentiment. This is not a shock to me as Jonathan and I are constantly reminded how blessed we are. Those moments, where you just feel GOOD... and REALIZE it... there are nothing like them. Ahhhh. I realize it when Bennett tucks his head right near my neck and I can breathe him in. I realize it when Jonathan and I are just sitting... and being together. I realize it when my family and I are gathered around Grandaddy's dining room table, as we have been for the past 25 years without fail. I realize it in the traditions of Christmases past and the ones we are now beginning for our sweet boy. I realize it on Christmas Eve when I am surrounded by my siblings, parents, and niece and nephew... talking until late at night. I realize it when I meet Mama and Aaron for one of our impromptu lunches. I see it when we get together with our friends... and now their babies. I realize it when Mama and I have our daily phone calls or visits. Even tonight, I saw it when my grandaddy was rocking my sweet boy and making up songs to sing to him. This warms my heart like no other. My grandaddy is one of the most important men in my life... and my last living grandparent. I treasure these moments that I get to be a part of and I love the way he loves our sweet baby.

For now, enjoy a few pics of Bennett in one of his Christmas outfits and of him in the Camo outfit. This camo outfit was first debuted on the blog in April. It was the first (and only) outfit Jonathan bought... even before we knew that Bennett was a boy! He even had it monogrammed after our ultrasound and we had decided on a name. After Bennett's bath tonight, Jonathan decided to forgo the pajamas I had laid out and decided to put this on him instead. Even though its camo, my sweet pea is still precious!







No comments:

Post a Comment